Gp2x Emulator

DeathSoul

Still Fresh
Is there an gp2x emulator, for the computer, because it gets annorying haveing to go back and forth.
Testing out file. would this help out the developement of programs?
would any one else like a emulator like this as well?

No one has finished an emulator at this point... have you tried using telnet/ftp/samba over usbnet? I would recommend using these for development.

just use nfs to mount your workstation on the gp2x.
That sounds like the perfect solution. But for the non linux of us, could you explain in more detail, please.

I assume nfs is a linux utility. Is it already installed on the GP2X ? Is there a script us dummies could use ?

Does this then mean I can run my .gpe from the hard drive of my PC using the USB ?

Sorry to be so dumb, but when you are not familiar with something the simplest things can seem unfathomable. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, what you CAN do with the gp2x out of the box:

- Enable USB Network Support
- Enable Samba and Telnet
- Connect the gp2x via the Mini-USB Cable to the PC
- Install the RNDIS driver once (for WinXP (can be found in the Misc Section of the Archive)) and setup a network for that device on your PC
- Use the explorer to connect via Samba to the gp2x filesystem

When you've done this, you can:

- Code on your PC and compile directly onto the SD Card of your gp2x while it is running
- Either run the compiled program on your gp2x using the menu or
- Telnet into your gp2x, run the program from there and see see console debug output

Cool, eh?

Well, what you CAN do with the gp2x out of the box:

- Enable USB Network Support
- Enable Samba and Telnet
- Connect the gp2x via the Mini-USB Cable to the PC
- Install the RNDIS driver once (for WinXP (can be found in the Misc Section of the Archive)) and setup a network for that device on your PC
- Use the explorer to connect via Samba to the gp2x filesystem

When you've done this, you can:

- Code on your PC and compile directly onto the SD Card of your gp2x while it is running
- Either run the compiled program on your gp2x using the menu or
- Telnet into your gp2x, run the program from there and see see console debug output

Cool, eh?

Or do it one better and install the SMB client available in the archive for the GP2X, and mount your windows development folder via telnet and run your programs directly off the mounted folder, no writing to flash involved. 'Tis what I do.

Or do it one better and install the SMB client available in the archive for the GP2X, and mount your windows development folder via telnet and run your programs directly off the mounted folder, no writing to flash involved. 'Tis what I do.

Ooh, clever, I'll try that one day.

Thanks.

Back