Gp2x Dishonest Retailer

After speaking with quite a few people who have ordered a GP2X over the last few months, I am disgusted with what I have found out. Every single person read the "The MK2 GP2X is currently on 24 hour delivery" on the website and every single one of them received an email to then be told it wasn't in stock.

It is obvious that gp2x.co.uk order these on demand. Therefore are blatantly lying on their website. Companies which treat their customers with such disdain always fold eventually. Period. The timescales differ but the conclusion is always the same.

clone said:
UMXPRime:
Strange, I ordered from Cragix and got 2 free joy-caps. If you can't resolve things with him I could send you one of mine for free... Only if you're in the UK or Europe though!
As said in my previous message :
"And for your information, another very good EU reseller sent me 2 joycaps for free..."
But many thanx for your generous offer...
That EU reseller sent me these 2 joycap for FREE without any previous buy from me !!!!!
That's the difference, short answer from the reseller, and good relationship.
Never got any answer from Craigix, as my email was sent 08/08/2007.
He just lost a client, it's just too bad for him :(
Hope to get an answer from him here on this post or later by mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
I smell a troll. Given the scale (or lack thereof) of Craig's company, and the fact that a successor to the 2x is in the works, I'm sure you can cut him some slack. If not, buy from somewhere else and stop bitching. This is not Amazon. I and many other people have had more than satisfactory dealings with GP2X.co.uk, and they've been running for a long time now without "folding". As usual, you generally only hear about the bad when it comes to experiences with online shops - relatively few people comment positively when there have been no problems ;)

Er, when it says "The MK2 GP2X is currently on 24 hour delivery" it's not saying anything about being in stock, mate. Only that the delivery method used is 24 hours. In the cart, it confirms this: "Shipping cost: £ 6.88 (24 Hour Special Delivery)"

Maybe it's slightly misleading, but still, for a specialty item like this you have to expect some stock-outs at times.

Erm, Gp2x.co.uk aren't honest?
I Just bought a gp2x from them, and i dont want it in about 2 weeks time....
whats going on with gp2x.co.uk?

guitargamer said:
Erm, Gp2x.co.uk aren't honest?
I Just bought a gp2x from them, and i dont want it in about 2 weeks time....
whats going on with gp2x.co.uk?
craigix said:
Heh this was not supposed to be revealed until their show next week.

This is also probably the reason why GPH have still not shipped our back ordered units.

I'll be in touch about what unit the current customers who are waiting will recieve.
:p

oooooh,

So i wont get one yet...there not even shipping them....
:(
as im only 14 and it took me quite a while to save up 126.99, this is very dissapointing if they arent even shipping them now...

If they arent shipping could someone please tell me so i can cancel my order immediately?

Thanks

guitargamer said:
oooooh,

So i wont get one yet...there not even shipping them....
:(
as im only 14 and it took me quite a while to save up 126.99, this is very dissapointing if they arent even shipping them now...

If they arent shipping could someone please tell me so i can cancel my order immediately?

Thanks

Theres a new GP2X model coming out, wait and see if its going to be the same price as the older model. This one has a new color, touchscreen, and a new d-pad (the joystick blows ass, trust me)

Ok, Is there any information as to when the new model will be released?or any hints that the new version will be released soon?

Thanks

guitargamer said:
Ok, Is there any information as to when the new model will be released?or any hints that the new version will be released soon?

Thanks
Estimated October 2007, Just keep a copy of your receipt (like paypal, money order, whatever you used to purchase) as proof of purchase if nothing is resolved, so you can get your money back & relieve you from any head-aches. But none the less contact the distributor to see whats going on with your purchase, is it going to be replaced by this new model or is their a stock problem.

Ok thanks :)
i really think they should update their site with...

****OUT OF STOCK, NEXT DELIVERY ESTIMATE - XXXXXX*****

It just makes sense rather than giving the customer false information and thus delaying delivery.
After all, it's the customer that is keeping GP2X alive

guitargamer said:
Oh and i gather from their site that they are not available to call on sundays?
Small companies in the UK rarely ever are available Sundays. Give people a rest :)

Cancelled order with gp2x.co.uk.

Ordered from Divineo Friday afternoon around 3pm.

Received Saturday morning at 9:15am.

Now that is service!!! Are you listening Craig? Seems that when Divineo say 24 hour delivery they actually live up to it unlike gp2x.co.uk.

Back