Gp2x + Cradle + Ipod

Svab

Still Fresh
Anyone has success with this? Ipod connected to cradle says "Do not disconnect", but i cannot mount it. (No sda2 partition).

Ipod as an external memory for gp2x would be nice...

There was a similar question asked about this, regarding a Creative Zen Nano-thingy ...

I think the only way is to format your device as FAT32, if it's possible.

As far as I know, the iPod by default can't be used as a storage device, specially older gen. models, I remember reading alot of articles of how you can get songs off your iPod, but I also rememeber reading something about a Linux based firmware for the iPod that gives it additional functionalities, one of them is acting a USB\Firewire external drive.

iPod can't be used by the GP2X. It needs drivers compiling for it.
I think it's something weird like SCSI over USB or something like that. In any case it's not supported by the external hard disk drivers... :(

On a slightly related note, when connected to an external power supply, can the GP2X + Cradle be used to charge various other devices ( such as DS, PSP etc. ) using a USB charger cable ?

I have ipod connected to cradle, gp2x powered by adapter, and no, ipod is not charging.

All devices i have tried are working as external storage, phone, flash disk, camera etc, except ipod :(

sehs33 said:
As far as I know, the iPod by default can't be used as a storage device, specially older gen. models, I remember reading alot of articles of how you can get songs off your iPod, but I also rememeber reading something about a Linux based firmware for the iPod that gives it additional functionalities, one of them is acting a USB\Firewire external drive.
I think what you are talking about is Rockbox. It definitely rocks but i have no idea if that will make your ipod play well with the GP2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
A have rockbox installed on ipod, but no change, ipod is not working with my gp :(

Svab said:
A have rockbox installed on ipod, but no change, ipod is not working with my gp :(

No it's not Rockbox. use iPodLinux i have on my ipod u can play doom and all those other boganistic games as well as if u have a firewire ipod u can get a module that lets you tranfer files from one ipod to another.

aaron11193 said:
Svab said:

No it's not Rockbox. use iPodLinux i have on my ipod u can play doom and all those other boganistic games as well as if u have a firewire ipod u can get a module that lets you tranfer files from one ipod to another.

ok get triple threat or podzilla or podzilla 2 or floydzilla all found on www.ipodlinux.org
it should work make sure yuo run them when you connect it wiht the cradle or w/e ur using. Triple threat is the best just copy and paste it to ur ipod. If you have a ipod with firmare around or after septemberish 2006 ur ipod wont work and you could brick it for good. Also u can play doom and game boy game roms on your ipod
hope this helps

Back