Problem With Cradle

djjd

Still Fresh
hi

Hope you can help. I believe I have a MK1 gp2x and have just received a cradle. However if I power the cradle or do not, the gp2x fails to start at all (just get a white screen of death) when docked. If the gp2x is already booted up and I put it in the cradle it dies, regardless of whether the cradle has power or not. I also tried using mains power to the gp2x and power it up while in the cradle (the cradle has no power in this scenario) and it fails.

I have read on other posts that you need to power the cradle but can use the gp2x with batteries. Is this the case or do I need mains power to both?

I hope someone can shed some light on this.

thanks in advance

It depends - if you have a Mk1 version of the 2X I think you may have to power both the cradle and the GP2X.

thanks for that. I'm off to argos to buy two of the recommended power supplies and then I will try again. Will let you know.

back from the local argos with the two new power supplies. behaviour no different with both cradle and gp2x powered from mains. What I have noticed is when I power gp2x in cradle it freezes with white screen but when I pull it our of cradle in boots up. Its as if the cradle is shorting the gp2x. I think I am going to return the cradle to play asia for an exchange.

cheers

Before you do that are you sure you have the polarity setup correctly for the cradle as it's different to the 2x. I believe the cradle should be centre positive and the 2x is centre negative. There was a topic somewhere with more info.

hi, I'm having problem firing up my gp2x cradle too -- or is it the gp2x? anyway, I've got fw 3.0.0, and the gp2x is MK2, I guess -- I've bought it new about two weeks ago, from play-asia as Value Pack (how can the MK be determined?).

For starters, I cannot save the system settings - I have to turn USB Host, Storage, and Human Interface on again on every startup. /Same with Energy Saver - it won't save its settings./ Menu Extension stays ON when it's turned on, so I don't know if it's normal with the rest...

Then, there's neither audio throughput via the cradle, nor does it seem to handle my Saitek dual analog USB gamepad (I haven't got a cradle power adaptor.). certainly, I'm getting something wrong, but what?

all help's appreciated.

I have this same problem. I thought anything after first edition could power the cradle through the batteries?

Back