Gp2x.co.uk

_DiGiTaL_

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
What happen to gp2x.co.uk? Couple days ago it had a note saying it would be focusing on the Pandora pretty much cause GP2x scene is more focused on Pandora's release and now i check gp2x.co.uk and there is a bunch of BS info about this Craptastic GP2x Wiz sorry but the controls alone make the gp2x wiz a joke :(

Anyways sorry for the rant but did GP2x.co.uk change owners over the week or something?

_DiGiTaL_ said:
Anyways sorry for the rant but did GP2x.co.uk change owners over the week or something?
Probably not. It still redirects to Gbax.com. Gbax.com, I believe, is owned by Craig - as in the guy who is making the Pandora. He is selling both systems. There is room for both.

Last edited by a moderator:
_DiGiTaL_ said:
What happen to gp2x.co.uk? Couple days ago it had a note saying it would be focusing on the Pandora pretty much cause GP2x scene is more focused on Pandora's release and now i check gp2x.co.uk and there is a bunch of BS info about this Craptastic GP2x Wiz sorry but the controls alone make the gp2x wiz a joke :(

OMG Breathe!!!

chad78 said:
yaustar said:
http://gp2x.co.uk now directs to a full page about the Wiz.
http://gbax.com is a separate site/page from the same owner which is the storefront.

omg - when you *CLICK* on something from the gb2x.co.uk - it will take you to gbax.com... omfg

There is a double standard in these forums. Legitimate criticisms of the Pandora are treated differently than criticisms of GPH products. You either allow people to whine or you don't - if the rule is applied selectively (and it is) that is a failure of moderation and it changes the tone and direction of the forum. The tone and direction of this forum are decidedly pro-pandora and anti-GPH and that is reinforced by moderation. That is fine - whoever owns this can run it how they like. My point is that this board is poison for GPH right now and if they had a clue and if they care about the English speaking market they'd at least attempt to provide an alternative venue.

I agree with this quote. It's one of the reasons I like Usenet and generally stay off of web boards, but there are no usenet groups dedicated to gamepark systems. Gamepark may not be perfect, and their products might not be perfect, but they are the only company to do what they are doing as of yet, that is supporting the open source community with portable gaming hardware that is free to develop for and that doesn't need to go through them to publish a piece of software. They treat a hand held game system for what it is, a computer with gaming controls. No other company has done so yet with any measure of success.

Chris

Back