Gp2x Built In Mp3 Player

rooster

Website
Visit site
Anyone noticed crazy things going on with the STEREO on the built in GP2X mp3 player?
I've tried firmwares v2.0, v2.1 and v2.1.1 which supposedly cures various issues with "the mono channel dragging"...

While I'm listening to certain tunes I find the stereo switching (wrongly) all over the place. Anyone else noticed this craziness?

Anyone noticed crazy things going on with the STEREO on the built in GP2X mp3 player?
I've tried firmwares v2.0, v2.1 and v2.1.1 which supposedly cures various issues with "the mono channel dragging"...

While I'm listening to certain tunes I find the stereo switching (wrongly) all over the place. Anyone else noticed this craziness?

I havent noticed. Does it only happen with the GP2X's speakers or in the headphones or both? Does it happen for media (music/video) or in programs too?

Last edited by a moderator:
I confirm - stereo is weird with the built-in MP3 player. I have used also GMU and CraigAmp. CraigAmp is best in my opinion because a) does not have the weird stereo thing and b) allows for a precise control of lower volumes. Both GMU and the built-in MP3 player don't control low volumes too well. GMU also does not skip trough files without a playlist, which makes matters a bit complicated.

Running on 2.1.0 here and the default music player has the same stereo madness mentioned above.
I'm wondering if maybe it's a joint stereo mp3 decoding problem?
Either way, it's a pain. The built in player would suit me to the ground if it didn't keep shifting the stereo effect around...
Any new news on this one?

Back