New Gp32 Owner!

sbt

Hi, after loving my GP2x I bought a new BLU from Craig as he is now offering them again and already starting to regret it :angry:

I got it yesterday and borrowed a SMC from a friend tonight to get going on it.
Installed the software on XP (SP2) and thought that would be it... but no.

When I start GP32 Manager it starts up and then displays 'an error occurred in GP32 during process' then it hangs and then I get another message saying timed out. It then keeps throwing up the Timed out message whenever I click on anything and also throws up 'Communication Error' although Windows happily pings so say it is connected.

I thought I would format the SMC card via GP32 Manager but it starts..... and then times out.

The GP32 seems happy enough when it's in the GP32 - it doesn't complain about having no card inserted but if I put the SMC card into my external card reader it doesn't show at all nor in my internal reader.

The card borrowed was from an MP3 player and I understand that sometimes they can become corrupted via Windows format?

I have also tried the format utility mkdosfs_GUI.exe fromt he archive but nothing.

I appreciate that this is now an old piece of kit but as it stands it seems pretty worthless or more to the point £70 of worthless.

Has anyone any ideas? Could the GP32 be borked as in GP32 manager it does say 'Waiting' constantly when PC Link is connected.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Thanks for any help.

What screen appears when you first turn the GP32 on ?.

Koreanmenu.jpg

This one ?.

Blumenu.jpg

Or this one ?.

Trooper

Windows XP SP2 doesn't work with the drivers as provided by Gamepark... search google for firefly & GP32 he made some updated drivers that do work with SP2

Once you get it up and running you wont regret it, great little machine the gp32. :)

There is usually a few sleepers on #gp32 on efnet just waiting to jump up and help a new gp32er like yourself out.

@Trooper

The second one thankfully. I guess that's the English Version!

@Hooka

Thanks, I'll do that now.

@Iorgy77

I'll nip on tonight.

I can only presume that the SMC is borked. I have now tried it in 2 ext card readers, 1 internal card reader and also the ext card reader on a Linux box and nothing.

Worst thing is I haven't got any cards and I am dying to try it out so I am sulking quite badly at the moment :lol:

Cheers guys - I'll no doubt be back.

BTW - is it true that the SMC cards can be corrupted via an ext card reader and Xp?

PS - from 1st impressions I can see why GP32 owners were upset when the GP2X came out - the GP32 feels a lot better quality all round.

Yay! Got my gp32 blu from craigix today too! And it does feel a lot better then the gp2x. God... the gp32's stick is so much better it's not even funny anymore.

One thing I wonder about: There was no smc card included in the parcel although it says so on the shop-page of gbax. I hope that they forgot to include it... smc cards are pretty expensive these days. Maybe they made a mistake though and weren't even intending on putting smc cards into the parcel.

xnopasaranx said:
One thing I wonder about: There was no smc card included in the parcel although it says so on the shop-page of gbax. I hope that they forgot to include it...
I mailed them - they said they had found them and would send one out.

[EDIT]

Got a couple of SMC cards now and they work so it must have been a borked one I had before. Great - I can finally test it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back