Gp Linux Tested With Ethernet Adapter

cozmic

Website
Visit site
I just read this post, and i think the question this guy asks is very important.

device and my adapter.

toholl

I think we really need a gp32linux zone.
Some precisions about usb on gp32linux:
- you need an externel adapter with 5V power supply: a simple hub is not enough
- this adapter can be easily made by electronic hobbyists: I will put schematics on sourceforge's gp32linux
- I also modified 2 resistors inside my gp32, but I don't know if it is important: I need volunteers to test with a genuine gp32
- I also tested with an ethernet adapter: I got access to internet (but I lake a browser ;-))
- I put a web server on my gp32 and you will be able access to it and to download some data from internet: just for test and just this night at http://81.56.203.169 (hope it will work).
- you can put an usb harddrive and use a partition for swap: so you will have no more memory limitation...
- the gp32 gives 3V, so don't use it for usb and don't try some hazardous homemade 3V to 5V adapter without beeing sure of what you are doing: electronic devices are fragile !
- I will try to give you a photo of my gp32 with ethernet device and my adapter.

hmm i dont want to make a ethernet adapter myself, hey craig if you read this, maybe you want to stock some at gbax!? :)

Back