GP Engine

phillane

Still Fresh
I have downloaded GPEngine but am unsure about how to play old PC games (i.e get them into ROM format).

For example I have got Elite on disk and though this would be excellent. However how do i get the emulator to play it?

Thanks

I see here a little misunderstanding :) GPEngine is an emulator of console called PC Engine. Besides of the first part of the name it has nothing to do with PC (Personal Computer) :)) Its just a name of console. So you cant play old PC games on GP using GPEngine. You cant play PC games on GP at all unless someone will make PC emu what is rather impossible. Using GPEngine you can play games dedicated fo PC Engine (in US called Turbografx) console. All roms for it should have and actually have *.pce extension.

About PCEngine...

I DLed it and installed onto my GP32, but when I try to load a rom, my GP32 reboots. I changed the batteries and the problem persisted. I'm wondering if this could be becuase my roms are zipped (although they are said to work as such)....

Thx to whoever will answer.

Some ROMS do reset the GP32 (not all that many, but a few)... just try some more and wait til the next release (which will hopefully have it fixed).
Zips do work, coz my entire collection is zipped, and they work fine.

Back