PC Engine ROM Help...

Duddyroar

Website
www.vc-reviews.com
I've downloaded a few PC Engine ROMs (HuCard) and I noticed that some sites have SuperGrafix and Super CD ROMs. Does GPEngine support either of these? I'd love to play Ghouls N Ghosts on the GP32...

Also, I've noticed that some games refuse to work with GPEngine. Space Harrier and Air Zonk being two that spring to mind. Should I try downloading another ROM from a different site?

@Duddyroar Seem to remember from other posts that you had trouble with PC link before. Try transferring the non working roms again. Worked for me. You can also try switching between the japanese and american rom.

Super CD-rom (and normal cd-rom) and SuperGrafx are not supported (yet?) ;) .

The ROMs are stored as ZIP files on my GP32 - would unzipping them and loading them on as .pce files make any difference?

Shame about the CD and SuperGrafix. I really, really want to play Ghouls N Ghosts...

Will it ever be possible to play Super CD games?

Will it ever be possible to play Super CD games?

Maybe, but not with background music because then you would have to fit 650 MB on a 128 MB card.

Converting the audio to mp3 would be a solution but I don't think the GP32 is fast enough for full speed SuperGrafx emulation with MP3 playing in the background.

zip files are supported by the emulator (a great habit, likewise for fMSX - hopefully others will follow this trend!)
supergrafx emulation is not yet present, as has been said - it took a long time for the best PCE emulator to achieve this, so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon (not that it's terribly worth it, in my opinion.. just wait for Genesis to play G n G..!)

Back