Got My Gp2x Today

lechuck

Still Fresh
I'm one of those 500 in Korea who pre-ordered the gp2x and I got mine about 40min ago.

What was included :
- GP2X
- Case
- "Manual" with just few pages, nothing is said there really (in Korean & English)
- Screen protectors (1 hard & 1 "soft")
- USB cable
- Batteries
- SD case & small pad for cleaning the screen

CD was not included. Don't know if it just my package or if all packages are like that.

Troubles :
- One of my SD cards (16MB) was are recognized. Other one (32MB) works just fine.
- I was not able to connect the device with win XP (did not try linux yet). At first it didn't even see the device, later windows found it but still did not know how to use it.
- The bugs mentioned in some other thread are still there as expected :)

*SPOILER*

For the greedy ones : the surprise we got for delayed launch is... a lollipop! :)

I'll write more in few hours, gotta continue reading for todays Korean vocab test >__<

I just got mine as well. I am currently enjoying my lollipop and have already tested it out watching a video. I am hoping to see some sweet homebrew gaming action in the coming weeks. All in all I am very impressed so far.

For the greedy ones : the surprise we got for delayed launch is... a lollipop! :)
Best surprise ever.
I can't wait... Ordered from gbax.com, and am probably in the second batch, meaning... what, 2 weeks until I get mine here in the US? TOO LONG. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Best surprise ever.
I can't wait... Ordered from gbax.com, and am probably in the second batch, meaning... what, 2 weeks until I get mine here in the US? TOO LONG. :ph34r:

CraigX has already stated that all preorders from gbax are going to be shipped by the 15th.
Craig has stated that he will try to fill all preorders from GBAX by the 15th. I'm sure he will, but it wasn't that conclusive.

I'm one of those 500 in Korea who pre-ordered the gp2x and I got mine about 40min ago.

What was included :
- GP2X
- Case
- "Manual" with just few pages, nothing is said there really (in Korean & English)
- Screen protectors (1 hard & 1 "soft")
- USB cable
- Batteries
- SD case & small pad for cleaning the screen

CD was not included. Don't know if it just my package or if all packages are like that.

Troubles :
- One of my SD cards (16MB) was are recognized. Other one (32MB) works just fine.
- I was not able to connect the device with win XP (did not try linux yet). At first it didn't even see the device, later windows found it but still did not know how to use it.
- The bugs mentioned in some other thread are still there as expected :)

*SPOILER*

I'll write more in few hours, gotta continue reading for todays Korean vocab test >__<
PLEASE ! make some picture or short video.... :p

Well, both honestly.. I like lollipops, but I meant his GP2X in action with something on the screen, actually playing/moving. I hope one of the new emulators/ports or something.

Fomit, how'd you get your GP2X connected to your computer? I haven't had any luck with getting the device recognized at all in Windows or Linux nor have other users posting to the gp2x Korean site.

Fomit, how'd you get your GP2X connected to your computer? I haven't had any luck with getting the device recognized at all in Windows or Linux nor have other users posting to the gp2x Korean site.

Numinous...

I have a card reader as part of my laptop. You can also by them for fairly cheap. I payed ~$40 for a 6in1 at Staples when I was still in Canada.

I have yet to try the USB connection.

Back