Psp Travel Case That Fits The Gp2x Decently, $12 At Cc

sparr

Ran across this case while shopping for camera accessories at Circuit City. It is a semi-hard case (feels like it is made of car tire rubber coated in faux-leather). Best fit I have found for the GP2X. It is just a TINY bit shallower than I would like, the joystick stays 'clicked' when it is closed, but I don't think that will be a problem (like repeated click-unclick would be). The top half of the case has plenty of room for a screen cleaning cloth (included) and a few SD cards and some earbuds. You can *JUST* fit two extra AA cells in the case, one on each side of the system. Playing games with the system still in the case is doable, as long as you don't need access to L and R very often (they are reachable, but not comfortable of course)

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pelican-Tra...roductDetail.do

case_open.jpg

It is just a TINY bit shallower than I would like, the joystick stays 'clicked' when it is closed, but I don't think that will be a problem (like repeated click-unclick would be).

You're going to kill your joystick.

TelcoLou posted on Sep 14 2006 at 07:26 PM said:
It is just a TINY bit shallower than I would like, the joystick stays 'clicked' when it is closed, but I don't think that will be a problem (like repeated click-unclick would be).

Yep...sure is. Why didn't you just get a GP2X one? The quality of the actual GP2X one looks better than this one does.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the best case for the '2X. EVER:

207760op2.jpg

The front pocket holds my card reader, extra SD cards & batteries. I even X-acto'd off the conspicuous Gameboy Advance logo. Though mine is even cooler, as it has a grey-colored piping around the front flap, instead of blue.

A) Removing the joystick cap before closing the case solves the clicky problem

B) I do not see why leaving it on is dangerous. The thing is rated for 100k clicks (or whatever). The entire time the case is closed seems like it is just one prolonged click. I would expect that the failure has to do with some sort of metal or plastic flexing inside the stick assembly, but flexing it once and holding it there shouldn't be bad.

C) Folding up the bottom left 1/4 of the screen protector in the middle of the case, so that it is as thick as the protrusion of the joystick, also eliminates the problem. I will probably just stitch or tape or glue it in that position.

Um, yeah ... keep removing/replacing that cap .... you'll wear out the hole in the cap, making it fit more loosely around the metal shaft, causing it to spin around during use. :ph34r:

Others here have broken their sticks from excessive center buttun pushes ... long before the 100k clicks.

Trust me, the GBA case is the way to go :)

Paradox posted on Sep 14 2006 at 08:00 PM said:
whats that one called lou and where can i buy it?

It's called the "Gameboy Advance Case" :lol:

Edit: Seems like it's hard to find. Sorry 'bout that ... I bought mine back when I carried my GP32 around (which also fits perfectly)

Try a search for "ALS Industries GBA 300 Carry Case".

Again, sorry. :(

invinciblegod posted on Sep 14 2006 at 09:53 PM said:
??? I can see them in firefox and IE???

Holy crud!

I seem to have adblocked photobucket! :lol: :lol:

geise69 posted on Sep 15 2006 at 09:37 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Sep 14 2006 at 07:26 PM said:

Yep...sure is. Why didn't you just get a GP2X one? The quality of the actual GP2X one looks better than this one does.

I've got an official GP2x case. The quality is shit. The zipper doesn't stay closed even when the 2x is the only thing in there, and there's no room for other stuff without potentially destroying the stick or smashing the screen. Worst case evar. The one posted here looks neat, but maybe after the d-pad mod.

just got one of these.. £25 from jessops, tho im sure cheaper elsewhere.

img_1413023157_0_Big.jpg

fits everything in it perfectly.. cards, handheld, batts & charger & plug, card reader, cables.. perfect if you want to carry all your stuff with you.

:>

ill post my own pics when i get home..

I got one of these for my GP32, now houses my GP2X:

Lowepro DRES 120 PDA case

DRes120_left_N.jpg
DRes120_back_stuffed_N.jpg

It's exactly the same as the original GP32 case, the only difference being no clips to attatch a strap to.

The front is a perfect snug fit for my GP2X, and the back has ample room for space batteries, a couple of extra SD cards and headphones.

I got mine from ebay, there always seems to be someone selling some there.

Back