Google +

I love it that you can edit posts. I always end up seeing typo's on Facebook one second after I post.

The app works very nice on the phone, the instant upload of photo's and easy sharing is great. I love the idea of circles. Facebook will have to step up their game for sure. At the same time many many people will not bother to migrate for a long time until it reaches critical mass.

A killer game/app could do it for them. Maybe if they buy Whatsapp and integrate it so you can have it on desktop too.

Aren't Circles like groups?

Yeah, but not in the way FB had groups. I don't really want to post things to a circle, I want to have a dedicated place to talk about a certain topic, thats separate from my circle(s).

For example, on FB I have a group for my friends that I play Dark Heresy with every other week. That group's page is a nice, tidy, place to talk about the game, scheduling, ideas for the next game, etc. I don't really want that part of my feed because I don't want it lost in the mess of everything else. Unless I'm mistaken, G+ doesn't have this functionality.

Aren't Circles like groups?

Yeah, but not in the way FB had groups. I don't really want to post things to a circle, I want to have a dedicated place to talk about a certain topic, thats separate from my circle(s).

For example, on FB I have a group for my friends that I play Dark Heresy with every other week. That group's page is a nice, tidy, place to talk about the game, scheduling, ideas for the next game, etc. I don't really want that part of my feed because I don't want it lost in the mess of everything else. Unless I'm mistaken, G+ doesn't have this functionality.

What you can do though is view a stream per circle. So if you just want to see the Dark Heresy stuff you just select that circle and you'll only see posts from there.

What's great about circle is that you have an easy way to control which stuff you post goes where. For instance if you have people who want to be "friends" with you and you really don't want them to close in your personal life you could make a circle and label it "social pressure" and exclude them from the posts, or all for that matter, you wouldn't want them to see.

Also you don't really become friends anymore. Anyone can pull you into their circle, and you'll get a notification of that, but they can only see stuff you post that is public. Only when you pull them into one of your circles can they read the posts you only want people belonging to that specific circle to see.

I don't believe, but best to make sure before you start getting funny, anyone gets notification of which specific circle you put them in. Makes it easier to just dump one of those friend of friends you don't really care about in a circle you exclude from everything just to keep everyone happy after you get the notification you he added you to his circle for reasons beyond you.

If anyone on can invite me shoot me a pm .

I'll hang out for a little while.

Thanks in advance :)

I got in. Even though I'm not a fan of most people... this thing is nice. PM me if you want an invite. If I like you enough I'll invite you. Otherwise I'll just ignore you.

Back