Good Gba Flashcard?

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I own a XG2Turbo 256M card.
I had LOTS of problems with it (looks like nearly ALL the SIO Bridge II cables were faulty, so I had to get a SIO Bridge).

Now it's working mostly fine - but LOTS of games don't run (like Golden Sun 2, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, etc.) - which seem to run fine on most other cards...

Therefore, I wanted to buy a new flashcard.
As there exists a XG2Turbo 2005 writer, I thought maybe it's also compatible with my old card.

What flashwriters do you use and could recommend me?

I want:

- Transfer saves from / to PC
- Have maximum compatibility.

IIRC, the EZ Flash Advance (or Ecube, as the larger ones are known) has the highest compatibility. I have one and I've never found a game that doesn't work.
You might also consider the EZ Flash 2 Powerstar, which has by far the lowest battery consumption of all the flash cards.

Can you transfer saves to / from PC?
Do you have any problems with saves? (losing saves, etc.)?

Thanks for your info :)

Yes, you can transfer saves to and from the PC. I have only ever lost a save file in Banjo Pilot, and that might have been my fault.

...for playing the crap that is banjo-pilot? I too have an EZF, and damn they are good cards!!! I didnt know batter life difrfered with a flash cart, what sort of decrease is it?

mattmagoo posted on May 15 2005 at 06:44 PM said:
does anyone know if the Supercard with CF expansion is good

IIRC it onky has a 128mbit rom, so u have to load all the roms of the CF
If you can find it cheap and have a CF card, it's great. The drawbacks though are that it uses quite a bit more battery life, you'll get something like 50% of what you would get with a proper game, and its compatibility is not very high, there are many games that don't work, but updates are constantly being released that fix games.

Last edited by a moderator:
mattmagoo posted on May 15 2005 at 06:44 PM said:
does anyone know if the Supercard with CF expansion is good

IIRC it onky has a 128mbit rom, so u have to load all the roms of the CF

Just ordered one of those from Ebay for £32 I will let you know if its any good. The card sounds like its going to be amazing! I also ordered a 256mb CF Card too, that will be 2Gbit so I will have many GBA games to play on my DS...

I will be selling my old 128mbit Flash to advance with USB cable if anyones interested...

Stevo.

Last edited by a moderator:
EZFA / Ecube are the best by a long way. (make SURE you get a genuine one, not a fake)

All the other cards have compatability issues.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Back