Pacman Pinball Advance

Klonoa Empire Of Dreams

Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire

Zoo Cube

Sabre Wulf

Shining Force R.O.T.D.D

It's Mr Pants

Polarium Advance

Dotstream (has some sublime chip tune inspired music)

Tactics Ogre

Ultimate Card Games

Mother 3

Densetsu No Stafy 2 & 3

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Mario Golf

Mario Tennis

Ninja Five-O

Super Monkey Ball Jr

Metroid Fusion

Lilo & Stitch

Mario Kart Super Circuit

Tmnt

Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories

The Legend Of Zelda Minish Cap

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

Golden Sun 1 & 2

Advance wars 1 & 2

Mario vs Donkey Kong

Kuru Kuru Kururin

Sonic Pinball Party

Pinball Of The Dead

Warioland 4

Drill Dozer

Astroboy Omega Factor

Castlevania (all)

Kirby Amazing Mirror & Nightmare In Dreamland

Apologies for the long list (i get a little carried away sometimes)

Last edited by a moderator:
GOLDEN SUN 1 & 2
But of course!

Lego Drome Racers was one of my favorites. The music was cool, there was some kind of super-low-detail 3D graphics, and the racetracks looked cool. The weapons, cars, and plot sucked, but I liked the graphics and music, which are very important to me.

Mega Man Zero 2 - Platformer - In my opinion, this is the best game of the Mega Man Zero series. It takes place a while after the ending of the first game - Zero is wandering the world, battling without a purpose, and trying to find the Resistance soldiers again so that he can rejoin them (the Mega Man Zero series takes place in an era where there's one world government and an energy crisis, which has resulted in discrimination against Reploids - the human-like robots of this time). He passes out and is found by a character who many would perhaps perceive as an enemy if they played the first game, and later finds himself back in the Resistance base. From here, you get to pick which bosses you'll fight, who in the Resistance to talk to (some people will give you useful advice or items), and you can also save your game, too. It has memorable stages and bosses (the one that takes place atop a pair of parallel high-speed cargo trains is especially fantastic), great animation with lots of personality, an excellent soundtrack, and a great challenge. If you like this, you'll probably like Mega Man Zero 3, Mega Man Zero 4, and the very different Mega Man Zero, as well.

Lilo & Stitch - Metal Slug-alike and Abe's Oddyssey-alike - I know that Klaus already mentioned this one, but I want to give it props, too. It's one of those examples of games based on a pre-existing property from other media which is actually very good. Lilo & Stitch, in spite of the name, doesn't try to follow the plot of the movie - it takes place afterwards. Lilo (the little girl who adopted the alien terror Stitch in the movie) is kidnapped by a mysterious group of aliens. She sets out to escape, whilst Stitch sets out to rescue her. You get to play as both characters; Stitch's stages are like a cute and fluffy Metal Slug, and Lilo's are puzzle-orientated and somewhat like Abe's Oddyssey and the like. It's got some really good music and sound effects, too, as well as the sort of animation you would expect from a Disney title. I seem to recall that it has some quite difficult spaceship-flying stages, in the vein of the Andy Asteroids levels from Earthworm Jim, too. My only gripe is that it uses a password system instead of proper saving, but this is negated by emulation, since you can make a save-state at the password screen.

Mega Man & Bass - Platformer - A platformer from 1998, created to be "Rockman 8.5", which was Japan-only until the 2002 Japanese Game Boy Advance port was released in English in 2003. If you like Mega Man games in general, you'll probably love this, although you may prefer to check out the SNES version instead, since the GBA port's viewport is a bit cut-down and its controls have been adjusted to fit into a system with two face-buttons instead of four. The game has silky-smooth animation, two playable characters with different abilities, great bosses, and an excellent challenge. The official translation (the SNES original had a few fan-made ones) is quite good, but is somewhat lacking in characterisation of the text. Curiously, even though the Game Boy Advance versions of Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts proved that replicating the SNES version's soundtrack almost perfectly was possible, the music for Mega Man & Bass has been rearranged ever-so-slightly for the Game Boy Advance's sound hardware, so its soundtrack is a little bit different to that of the SNES original.

To be quite honest i didn't realise that they were, when i wrote this thread i had just finished a frustrating phone conversation with my ISP provider - i guess my exasperation manifested itself here, sorry about that i will amend it.
Internet service provider provider? :p

The list in the first post is quite good, though I'd add Metroid Zero Mission and Legend of Zelda Minish Cap

Metal Slug Advance - A bit less frantic than the Neo Geo games, but it's still a great run n' gun.

Sonic Advance - The first one is my favorite and I feel it retains some of the charm of the original Genesis/Mega Drive games. I thought Sonic Advance 2 was alright, but I felt that Sonic Advance 3 had terrible level design and went on for way too long. HOWEVER, if it is possible to play multiplayer games in the emulator somehow, Sonic Advance 3's single pak mode makes it worth it alone. Seriously.

Sonic Battle - Such a strange spin off, but it's still pretty fun. The customization and skill collecting give it hours of gameplay.

Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission - Maybe my two favorites of the series. Zero Mission is definitely better though.

Regarding Prometheus's comment on quality of soundtracks of SNES games ported to GBA: I was always really disappointed by the typical quality. Because developers no longer had the dedicated audio hardware SNES did they were now forced to write audio engines, and they had to be fast if they were going to put out audio of complexity comparable to SNES. It seems like few companies put enough effort into this, instead opting to cut out most effects and replace entire channels with sound generated by the Gameboy PSG hardware.

Lunar Legends, although not an SNES port, had a soundtrack that was a blight on humanity. Tales of Phantasia was really bad too. FF4-6 weren't very good, especially 6 (which had one of the most complex soundtracks on SNES), while FF1-2 were oddly quite a bit better (still lagging well behind their PS1 counterparts, but that's to be expected). The Breath of Fire games were quite trimmed as well. The only ones that really managed to get by without too much damage were the Nintendo first party ports, but the source material didn't do especially great things with the SNES audio hardware to begin with.

^ Precisely. :( For the record, I like both of the soundtracks for the game I cited, but I do prefer the SNES one. I don't know if you've heard the GBA version of Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts, but I remember being quite impressed by that at the time (it pre-dates the Mega Man & Bass release by I think about a year, which is why it was all the more surprising that they did what they did with that one).

[/off-topic]

Haven't played the original Super Ghouls & Ghosts, and I'm not sure if I'll be attempting that any time soon after the experience I had with the NES Ghosts & Goblins. >_> I also haven't played Megaman & Bass, but if its soundtrack was anything like what I'd expect from Capcom regarding the other MM games vs what I remember with G&G maybe it was more demanding ;p

Wouldn't Megaman & Bass sound more like just Megaman on the GBA's tinny speakers? The GBASP doesn't even have a headphone jack to alleviate it.

Yeah, kinda a dumb move on Nintendo's part, especially given the terrible GBA speakers, but you can still get an external adapter for the headphones.

Or play it on a DS. Or an emulator B)

@typs lik dis - It sounds surprisingly good on the speakers of any model of GBA (or DS with GBA slot), particularly the GBA SP, if I recall correctly. :p

Advance Wars - Turn-Based War game

Castlevania: Circle of The Moon - My favourite GBA Castlevania, I like the DSS system to power-up the whip

F-Zero: Climax (GP Legend) - Basically if F-Zero X was on the GBA. It's pretty awesome

Metroid: Zero Mission - Essentially Metroid 1 re-skinned to be like Super Metroid, with a few extras

Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap - A very good GBA Zelda game, developed by Capcom

Back