Good Build Quality

I gotta say I'm impressed with the build quality of the Caanoo. I've dropped it twice now from a height of about 3 or 4 feet, once onto carpet but once onto tile. Still running. A couple of days ago I spilt a drink, causing my Caanoo to sit in a puddle (screen up, luckily) for about five seconds. Power switch is a little 'sticky' but otherwise, it's OK!

How I haven't dropped mine I'll never know (knock on wood!)...

I wore out my Wiz. A button broke, sent it back, got it back, and then two of the directionals wore down. Seems like another button started to wear down as well. The screen also appeared to be suffering from early rot (or just dead pixels). Gave up and sold it for scrap, then bought a Caanoo. Seems to be holding out pretty well. However, the thumbstick seems to require more effort when pushing right for it to register now. Also seems to jiggle a bit. If I remember correctly, it was stiff when I first got it. Doesn't really affect gameplay though, thankfully.

Yes, overall, it is built very well.

I had a period of time when the thumbstick was registering "push right" events randomly while in zero position. But then it just ... stopped happening. Maybe after I dropped it. ;) (Nah, it happened before that.)

I had the same problem guys, thumbstick was acting weird for a while, now it is just fine.

Weird. I find it hard to sometimes click the joystick in. Is there anything you guys did to it to fix it or did it just work itself out? Maybe something just gets loose?

darklight1138 said:
Weird. I find it hard to sometimes click the joystick in. Is there anything you guys did to it to fix it or did it just work itself out? Maybe something just gets loose?

Mine just worked itself out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back