Going To Korea In A Couple Of Weeks.

r0lf

Does anybody know if it is cheaper to buy a GP2x from anywhere in Korea?
I compared the price on http://www.gpx2.co.kr/ with the price advertised by our local reseller and it came out more expensive to buy it directly. (tbh: I could have totally stuffed up the conversion ;) )

thanks in advance.

Why don't you buy it from your local dealer. If you buy it from overseas and if you happen to have a problem you will be sorry about it.

I think local dealers should be supported otherwise they won't be able to continue their business and it's not good for the community.

Just and advice...

offtopic:
If you don't mind doing a member a favour, I know CABBAGES was looking for a joystick thingy for his V43, might be worth pm-ing him..
it was quite cheap (and small) iirc.

ok im guessing the local currency is WON (south korean) I used Xe.com it says the gp2x is
$423 US
£223 GBP (thats £100 more than i paid)
€330 Euro.

Im really hoping that im wrong cuz thats extortion :eek:

to be honest you will have major trouble even finding one anyway. ive been living in korea and i have yet to even see one no matter where i go.

If you want a used one check the electronic markets like Yongsan or Maybe Techno Mart, also maybe around Dongdemun Stadium.

I bought my 1st Edition Gp2x Second Hand in Yongsan Last Year. I was lucky i stumbled upon it at the same place i found my Gp32Blu the year before. At that time I paid about 200,000won ( it was in excellent condition, with card reader, 1 gig mini SD but no box or other cables. A year ago it was an excellent deal.

You might be lucky to find a used one but new ones are a dime a dozen. I have yet to see a new one anywhere in Korean stores.

In here Korea, GPH doesn't sell gp2x through local stores
They only sell it online

That's probably why you guys didn't find one :p

If you only buy gp2x(NO ACCESSORIES!) it'll be
$211.97 USD
€164.84 EUR
£111.42 GBP

for current currency rate ^^

Anyway news about korean community~
few weeks ago, Korean gp2x community held a meeting :D
about 25 people came and it was fun to see so many gp2x (^^)

here's some pics

IMGP3667s.jpg

IMGP3668s.jpg

1112130023726002.jpg

IMGP3671s.jpg

IMGP3693s.jpg

Many thanks for sharing the photos Six, you cheered up my morning :) Also, what's with the Panda GP2X I see there?

- Alex

Thanks for sharing the pics!!! Perhaps you could import some exported gp2x for some profit..h.mmm ok maybe not... Enjoy your trip!!!

Back