GOG.com

I just found out a really bad thing regarding one game in particular, "Dying Light"... and I hope it will not start a trend...

If you install the game WITHOUT Galaxy, you will not receive the latest DLCs (that are also FREE)... because them are activated online ONLY !!

For now this seems "just a bug", a bug that the developers will not fix because "you just have to go online" ... and with GOG version you NEED Galaxy installed for that...

GOG says that it's not their problem because it's a choice of the devs how to activate DLCs...

In my opinion an online DLC activation is called DRM... and the discussion on GOG boards seems died without solutions...

I just found out a really bad thing regarding one game in particular, "Dying Light"... and I hope it will not start a trend...

If you install the game WITHOUT Galaxy, you will not receive the latest DLCs (that are also FREE)... because them are activated online ONLY !!

For now this seems "just a bug", a bug that the developers will not fix because "you just have to go online" ... and with GOG version you NEED Galaxy installed for that...

GOG says that it's not their problem because it's a choice of the devs how to activate DLCs...

In my opinion an online DLC activation is called DRM... and the discussion on GOG boards seems died without solutions...
I thought you have to redeem those on the store.
Which ones exactly do you mean?
And which thread?

I thought you have to redeem those on the store.
Which ones exactly do you mean?
And which thread?

The last update to the installer is from March, but the changelog reports that all the free DLCs are there (even the ones released in May !!)... looking at the following list I'm missing all the ones after March...

https://dyinglightgame.com/10in12/

All the people with the GOG version that reports to have them, used at least once Galaxy, and they appeared in list...

There are some discussions here and here

EDIT:
also here

Last edited:
The Count Lucanor is on sale, 70% off, so it is 2.99 or 7 off. Anyone play this?

Damn, it's good, it's like Resident Evil but with Fairy Tales !! I only have the impression it could be a little short... or at least I almost know the full name (if it will end the game ?!)... it was pretty straightforward for now

GOG's new design:
2a0afdbcd5bd2131af72dfb3342fafd03c7336e1.jpg

c4db343a57be98f059f8372932fa7d97f5f04831.jpg

2fd5120066d23af0de4f8694cb100fd62c1afa079496551de6d02edca99a5097_1.jpg

Don't get me started on the game pages, I can't even properly demonstrate the problem, because you have to scroll for ages to get any useful information at all.

What browser are you using ? I can't reproduce even disabling javascripts

Went to get Jill of the Jungle and the site is really slow, I didn't even wait for everything to load before clicking to buy. I can't even load the front page. . .

THE WITCHER 3 LIVE CONCERT IS FREE !!! They never put that on sale but NOW IS FREE !!! GO GET IT !!! NOW !!!

I already spoke about how "Dying Light" on GOG needs an internet connection to "get" it's last FREE DLCs, and that was meaning that it also required Galaxy client.

Well, I went forward to look deeper into the issue, with some help from other forum members, and you know what ?!

It's definitely DRM !! And GOG knows !!
The answers coming from the support to the "offline players" are always the same:

"the DLC contents are already both in the offline and in the galaxy installer" - yeah, but you'll need the game to connect to the devs servers to unlock them, and to do so, the Galaxy client !! So what is the purpose of the "offline installer" ?

"it's a choice of the devs to "activate" the DLCs like this, we can do nothing about this" - so, now every developers can put DRM into GOG games just because "it's their choice" ?!

"don't worry, you just need to connect once to "activate" them" - WRONG !!! You'll need to be online at the start of EVERY NEW GAME !! Those DLCs will be checked as activated only in the SAVEGAME !!!

I'm actually asking to GOG to please not be evil. But in the mean time I'll spread the facts...

EDIT: The last update finally solved the issue, and now the game has all the contents unlocked offline.

So Galaxy and Internet is not needed anymore for single play sessions. :)

Last edited:
Back