GOG.com

They officially ditched their stand against regional pricing yesterday (in fact they already did with Witcher 3 some weeks ago) and still compensate with store credit, but it's obvious that even this is only a strategy for smooth change.
I don't see where you're reading that they officially ditched anything yesterday. They've had regional prices for a while now, as dictated by the companies they were licensing from.It used it be that if you were in Europe paying in EUR, if a game was 19.99USD and this was one of those where they had no choice you would also be paying 19.99EUR. Of course, 19.99EUR is 26USD, the $6 difference would be given to you as a voucher for a game valued at $5.99. As I understand it they now have given you the ability to pay the USD price. Furthermore, differences are no longer game vouchers but actual credit to be used in part or whole for whatever you want. If anything this is improvements on their fight against regional prices, they recognize that it sucks and are trying to make it even easier on their customers when they can't negotiate at their cost.

As I understand it they now have given you the ability to pay the USD price.
Then you understood wrong. They still give us the ability to pay in USD, but not at the USD (=your) price for a growing number of games.

I know that some publishers demanded this FUCK YOU DAEDALIC (btw), but seeing Nordic Games having their games removed because of the lack of regional pricing and then forcing regional pricing for a number of games is just so bollocks...

Last edited by a moderator:
In the UK it's $25.59
Ok, so I obviously misunderstood what they were saying. Paying in USD doesn't actually give you the USD price, it's still the same regionally adjusted price as before except converted to USD. Which doesn't really make a lot of sense but whatever. At least you get credit which you can use for the next game that you get shafted on.

Ok? If you disagree with regional pricing don't buy regionally priced games. Make an example of these companies that insist on it, make sure they see very little money while other companies that follow the fair Big Mac index are making large profits.

Ok? If you disagree with regional pricing don't buy regionally priced games. Make an example of these companies that insist on it, make sure they see very little money while other companies that follow the fair Big Mac index are making large profits.
That's why somebody made this list.

There is no indication for what is regional priced and I don't want to support this.

I think GoG should rather have gotten rid of those games then, they are not old and the pricing is against one of GoGs main three principles.

Memoria at Steam release was sold for 20 bucks in the US.

In Germany Daedalic was charging 40 Euro - this is far more than the double price.
I'm really unhappy about how Daedalic deals with the customers in their own country

and won't give money to Daedalic again in the future, they have lost me.

The current Humble Weekly Bundle has a small gog.com sign under one game (unfortunately not under a much more interesting game, which is also available on gog.com), does anyone know wether they cooperate (sort of)?

...under one game (unfortunately not under a much more interesting game...
I suppose you never played it... it kept me awake for many nights
yeah, I should have drawn a relation to my personal preferences. But I played it, and I did not like it a lot...but thats just me, who spend countless hours/days/weeks of his childhood on "Artic Baron" (and additionally more hours later on, on the Pandora) which definately deserves its average to poor rating.

...under one game (unfortunately not under a much more interesting game...
I suppose you never played it... it kept me awake for many nights
yeah, I should have drawn a relation to my personal preferences. But I played it, and I did not like it a lot...but thats just me, who spend countless hours/days/weeks of his childhood on "Artic Baron" (and additionally more hours later on, on the Pandora) which definately deserves its average to poor rating.
If it is the train simulator we have indeed different preferences

WTF is a MUTATOR ?! o_O

I had to find the discussion on the forum to understand a bit what kind of mess it is...

Apparently, in the case of the ongoing GoG sale, a mutator is a random game that you unlock after buying three games.

So you pick the 3 games you want to buy and then you can add $2 to get a random game.

actually you can add $2 for 3 times ($6) to get 3 random games.... what's that Las Vegas ?

This thing reminds me when I was young and I was doing that stupid thing of collecting random figurines, that needed to be exchanged to have the entire collection... and after the collection was completed I still had piles of dupes to gift away and/or trash...

I don't know what it is these days with web sites both being too wide for my screen, and not providing me with a horizontal scroll bar. At least it only seems to affect the home screen.

Dreamfall Chapters Season Pass - Special Edition
US_USD -> SALE PRICE : $29.79 ($34.99)
DE_EUR -> SALE PRICE : €29.79 (€34.99)

Some user immediately corrected GoGs banner:

224052ed162d23d1446f8f3d1d93927effd69536.png

I just bought Black Guard, I love The Dark Eye. Btw. you can use a proxy to get the dollar prices.

If you own the proxy yes. Else it could do a man in the middle attack (well you could check if the ssl certificate is ok, but this would be some work).

There are virtual private servers for 5-6 euros a month which have enough bandwidth and traffic (around 3-5 Terrabyte)  for 5 people. So its about 1-2 Euros per person for getting one.

Back