Gnuboy2x 0.5b Released

But I'm at work and can't test it right now. I want to know now!

Tellmetellmetellmetellmetellmetellmetellmetellmetellmetellmetellmetellme

!!!!!!!

I know I suck, but is it possible to add cheats to games using a gameshark rom? :blink:

Probably not possible, just asking............................

You could try the sonic and knuckles method of gluing roms together - i.e. get hold of a gameshark/genie cartidge rom and then hex edit the entire contents of whichever game you want to cheat onto the end of it.

Don't know if it'd work (you might find you have to remove the header of the rom you're gluing onto it in order to have a hope of it doing so), but it could be worth a shot :). As I say, it worked for Sonic and Knuckles!

Last edited by a moderator:
For the next version i want to add support for savestates and cheats are in my to-do list.
Please, read the readmes that come with every emulator/game/whatever to know how it works, it saves a lot of time.
Btw, i'm adding to the to-do list the roms path suggestion, maybe adding an option to select where do you want to put the roms.

Great job on the emu! It looks damn good, and the sounds just about perfect.

However (sorry for begging), but please add save states or battery save! Either one is fine, but make one the next feature you add, because most emulators require this (how am I gonna play FF?).

Thanks for reading my little rant, don't flame me!

I know I suck, but is it possible to add cheats to games using a gameshark rom? :blink:

Probably not possible, just asking............................

You could try the sonic and knuckles method of gluing roms together - i.e. get hold of a gameshark/genie cartidge rom and then hex edit the entire contents of whichever game you want to cheat onto the end of it.

Don't know if it'd work (you might find you have to remove the header of the rom you're gluing onto it in order to have a hope of it doing so), but it could be worth a shot :). As I say, it worked for Sonic and Knuckles!

Alternatively you can just type the following at a dos prompt, assuming you are using windows :
Code:
copy romA.bin + romB.bin romC.bin

For the next version i want to add support for savestates and cheats are in my to-do list.
Please, read the readmes that come with every emulator/game/whatever to know how it works, it saves a lot of time.
Btw, i'm adding to the to-do list the roms path suggestion, maybe adding an option to select where do you want to put the roms.

Can you please add support for normal saves of games?
gnuboy is nearly perfect but wothout save support sensless for me...
I played WarioII a bit and it didn't continue from last save point after reboot

Aaaand another suggestion:

Buttons (once again ;))
I know it's now like the GameBoy, though I think it would be better if:

A=B and
X=A

While I could still use the .rc-file, that't the way I mapped the buttons - and that is best in my opinion (mapped the same way SNES games are mapped. I always compare it with playing Mario, where you have to keep B pressed for running and A to Jump).

Hi,

Excellent emulator but is there any way to play games like 'Tetris Blast (U) [!].sgb'?

I think this is a Super Gameboy rom but I used to play it on my GB Pocket.

Cheers.

That would be good to support folder browsing. This way if you have hundreds of ROMs you could separate them out by folder such as all games that start with ABCD, could be in a folder called "ABCD" etc. That would solve any file number limit or lists that take along time to scroll etc.

awesome emu...I agree, save states are a must and the "standard" rom directory would be greatly appreciated for organization of roms. I'm off to Oracle of Ages! (hopefully I'll be able to save it soon!!!) Keep up the good work

Ok, I give ... where the hell do you install this emu??? :lol:

I've tried putting it with my roms in the root, in its own folder, just the executable in root, with the roms in 'roms > gb', and a few other combinations ... nada.

I just get a file selector screen telling me to press b to select a file, and when I do ... I get dumped back to the main menu. :(

Edit: I figured it out ... :D

(this non-standard way of installing emus is confusing ;P)

What is the non standard way of installing?

I have installed the .gpe file to the root of the card and copied the "ROMS" directory to the root of the card. I have placed 3 .gbc roms in the the ROMS directory.

I run the .gpe, and get the load screen, press start and am presented with the 3 roms to select from.

I select a rom and press B and am dumped back to the GP2X home menu.

Any ideas please?

Shaping up nicely, like the border.

Folder browsing would be nice. So I can seperate GB/GBC at least ;)

I have installed the .gpe file to the root of the card and copied the "ROMS" directory to the root of the card. I have placed 3 .gbc roms in the the ROMS directory.

I run the .gpe, and get the load screen, press start and am presented with the 3 roms to select from.

I select a rom and press B and am dumped back to the GP2X home menu.

Any ideas please?
well, i don't think it needs the SDL libraries, but that seems to be a common problem so make sure you have those installed. Otherwise, i'm not sure....

K-teto:
Thanks for this great emulator! Once you add saves it will be perfect!

Excellent emulator but is there any way to play games like 'Tetris Blast (U) [!].sgb'?

Try renaming it to *.gb instead of *.sgb.

Is this rom full-speed with sound or is it still a work-in-progress/

I've only tried a few games, but they all ran full speed, and sound quality was greatly improved from the last release. Overall, emulation quality seems excellent already. Once this emu adds a few more options such as save states it will be in the same class as Reesy's great DrMD.

Way awesome I must whole-heartedly say and I tested it with Pokemon Silver (yeah, yeah I like pokemon so what?) saving worked on the last version of Gnuboy for me, not on this one however. Thank you soo much for the volume control, some of that gb music just makes my ears bleed! Still, its terribly wonderful!

Hopefully zipped roms will be supported someday too. They just take up too much space uncompressed if you have alot of ROMs. I think zipped roms is almost a requirement for systems with games bigger than an Atari-2600.

Back