Gnuboy2x 0.5b Released

Where is the savestat function?

And do the savegames now work?

In earlier versions the gnuboy didn't save my games...

Excellent emu K-teto! I as well request savestates of some working order, but I'm sure that's already on your to-do list.

Ok, I give ... where the hell do you install this emu??? :lol:

I've tried putting it with my roms in the root, in its own folder, just the executable in root, with the roms in 'roms > gb', and a few other combinations ... nada.

I just get a file selector screen telling me to press b to select a file, and when I do ... I get dumped back to the main menu. :(

Edit: I figured it out ... :D

(this non-standard way of installing emus is confusing ;P)

This is excellent. The full screen scaling looks really good and seems like perfect emulation to me. Thank you very much.
Thanks very much for this release, everything looks much tidier now! The GB border is great!

(this non-standard way of installing emus is confusing ;P)

My only comment would be to enable the 'standard' roms path /mnt/sd/roms/gameboy/ in the way that many other emulators seem to be adopting, even as an option. It future proofs for rom-sharing between emulators. I'd prefer this over save-states...
Thanks again! Back to Mario Land 2...
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
i've installed it all correctly, and it loads up just fine and can load the roms, although some of the controlls dont work. Well, i say some, but start doesn't work so i can't start the roms to test the other buttons.

Anyone got any thoughts on whats wrong?

Great job on the emu by the way, it looks great

i've installed it all correctly, and it loads up just fine and can load the roms, although some of the controlls dont work. Well, i say some, but start doesn't work so i can't start the roms to test the other buttons.

Anyone got any thoughts on whats wrong?

Great job on the emu by the way, it looks great

YES!! I had the same problem (after I got it to work correctly ;) )

See if you have any remaining files from any other GB emus (rc files, config, etc ... )

They conflict with this one .. I deleted them and now all is well :)

Very nice - although I must admit, it would be nice not to have to have the roms in it's directory (I prefer to keep them in /roms in the SD). Failing that, command-line parsing would be nice, or at least another option (passing a commandline just goes to the main menu)

Other than that, great work :)

I know I suck, but is it possible to add cheats to games using a gameshark rom? :blink:

Probably not possible, just asking............................

When you use an emulator, do you just pick a random rom :p , or do you pick an old favorite :huh: ? My point is: if you have already passed a game, wouldn't you want to change the game a little? :D

This is excellent. The full screen scaling looks really good and seems like perfect emulation to me. Thank you very much.
Thanks very much for this release, everything looks much tidier now! The GB border is great!
Border? Does that mean fullscreen is optional, and when you don't use it you get a classic GB look to it? Interesting...

Yes, it's very cool ... it's .. nah, I'm not gonna tell you, try it out for yourself :)

Back