Gnuboy2x 0.5b Released

This is a great emulator K-teto!

Though, I do have one suggestion about the full screen mode. I think it would be nice if it was scaled so the aspect ratio would be correct.

160/144 != 320/240

If you scaled it to 266x240, the video would be as tall as you can get, and it wouldn't looked stretched sideways.

I would like to use a full screen mode, but now, I use the native picture because I don't like the wide video.

This is a great emulator K-teto!

Though, I do have one suggestion about the full screen mode. I think it would be nice if it was scaled so the aspect ratio would be correct.

160/144 != 320/240

If you scaled it to 266x240, the video would be as tall as you can get, and it wouldn't looked stretched sideways.

I would like to use a full screen mode, but now, I use the native picture because I don't like the wide video.

I like thewidescreen... So better if we could choose between this two modes

But most important !!! >>> SAVES ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
donny's suggestion is good, however, i honestly don't think 266x240 is a much better alternative. the problem is 160 does not divide evenly into 266, so while in 'widescreen' the game appears stretched (horiz resolution exactly double, vert resolution just slightly off), in 266x240 both vert and horiz would look choppy. and horizontal is very important for any sort of side-scrolling game.

but i'm not saying there shouldn't be a choice.

It doesn't matter that they don't divide evenly; that situation arises all the time. As long as there is a good resizing algorithm, it won't look too bad and certainly not any worse than mario being as fat as a cow.

Yes, it would be nice to have three choices of video size: native, full height (my favorite :) ), and full height/width.

I remember using an original GB Advance, and it had the option of playing in the correct aspect ratio or stretching to the full width of the screen. At first, I thought "why would anyone play it without stretching?", but after awhile, I realized it wasn't as nice to see that the characters had gained a few pounds since I last saw them. So, I put them all on weight watchers and saw instant results ;) .

Ok, I give ... where the hell do you install this emu??? :lol:

I've tried putting it with my roms in the root, in its own folder, just the executable in root, with the roms in 'roms > gb', and a few other combinations ... nada.

I just get a file selector screen telling me to press b to select a file, and when I do ... I get dumped back to the main menu. :(

Edit: I figured it out ... :D

(this non-standard way of installing emus is confusing ;P)

What is the non standard way of installing?

I have installed the .gpe file to the root of the card and copied the "ROMS" directory to the root of the card. I have placed 3 .gbc roms in the the ROMS directory.

I run the .gpe, and get the load screen, press start and am presented with the 3 roms to select from.

I select a rom and press B and am dumped back to the GP2X home menu.

Any ideas please?

I have installed SDL (quite some time ago - and tested SNES EMU which works). Still can't get it to run - Any ideas please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice emu, two thumbs up!!!
but without any way to save it's pretty useless... well, I'll still use it to play tetris etc but all games i like require one or another way of saving :-/

Back