Gnuboy Savegames Fix?

daminator

Hi!

Gnuboy for me is nearly finished, because it has fullscreen, sound...

But the only problem I have are the savegames!
They don't work in games.

I tried several games, Mario Land 2, Wario 3, Pokemon... Everytime the games saves, and I reboot the gp2x the savegame is away... I look into the .gnuboy/saves dir and there are no savegames...

Only savestat works perfekt, the files (xxx.000) appear in the saves dir.

Does anybody know how to fix this or do we have to wait for a newer version of gnuboy from the dev?

nickspoon posted on Dec 24 2005 at 12:28 PM said:
Does the launch script you use have "sync" after the gnuboy executable is launched?

yes

Code:
#!/bin/sh

./selector ./gbc/gnuboy_config
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon posted on Dec 24 2005 at 12:32 PM said:
Probably just a bug in the code. It's only v0.4, after all. Besides, savestates are better.

yey I thought so...

>>>> Besides, savestates are better.
depends on the game...

anybody figure out how to remap the buttons yet? Sorry If i've asked this a million times I really truly never got a direct response from anyone :blink: My .rc file seems to not be working so I cant change it on my own.

I did not know save states were an option, will someone please explain to me how to get save states to work. That would be excellent. All I know about remapping buttons is that you need a resource file gnuboy.rc. I dont know the rest

Lodis posted on Dec 24 2005 at 04:34 PM said:
I did not know save states were an option, will someone please explain to me how to get save states to work.

That's easy. To savestate, press the button mapped to 'savestate' (usually Vol-). Loadstate is done in the same way, except with Vol+.

nickspoon posted on Dec 24 2005 at 05:06 PM said:
Lodis posted on Dec 24 2005 at 04:34 PM said:
I did not know save states were an option, will someone please explain to me how to get save states to work.

That's easy. To savestate, press the button mapped to 'savestate' (usually Vol-). Loadstate is done in the same way, except with Vol+.

Thanks, I managed to get save states working by editing my Gnuboy.rc file to include

bind joy4 savestate
bind joy5 loadstate

So this binds Y to save
and A to load

How do bind it to use the Volume '+' to Save and Volume '-' to Load?

Also I do not see any save states written to my SD even though loading them works and my script to run Gnuboy uses sync. What is the name of the directory your save states are being saved to?

(assuming there is one)

Back