Gngeo2x Rom Compatibility

Trenki

Website
www.trenki.net
I am having problems getting roms to work with gngeo2x (tested with 0.6.11 and 0.6.12). Some roms worked immediately without problems (mslug1, mslug2, mslugx, samsho5) but others didn't.
I do have the neogeo bios and also the uni-bios.rom v2.2. The roms do work on the PC using NeoRageX 0.8c but on the gp2x gngeo2x 0.6.11 segfaults on these roms and returns to the menu screen. Gngeo 0.6.12 tells me that the rom is bad and then crashes completely showing random garbage on the screen.

I was able to get some of these problematic roms to also work with gngeo2x by converting them with ClrMamePro as described in the wiki (http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/MAME_GP2X), but only some could be converted and even after this conversion step half of the rebuild roms did not work.

I read some post on this board and found out that others are able to play mslug3-5. I do have these roms and they do work on the PC but could not be converted with the ClrMamePro conversion step and also do not work on the gp2x. From mslug3 i even tried two different roms and both did not work!

So how did you guys get these roms to work? Am I doing something wrong or do I miss an important step?
Why do the roms work on the PC but not with gngeo2x? The wiki lists games that I am unable to run as working, so there must be a way.

Maybe we should add a column with a CRC32 or MD5 hash to the rom list so everyone can check his own roms whether they match any working rom or not?

Simply put, you have incorrect roms. What are the correct ones? Hard to say. Find them and try it. I said it before, we really need a clrmame.dat to audit the correct files Gngeo requires.

Back