Can't Load Anything In Gngeo2x

lancelott

I have GNGeo2X 0.6.11+ (the version that was put on the archive today). In /roms, I have all the Neo Geo BIOS files that it needs and uni-bios.rom (2.2).

The ROMs I've tried are Metal Slug 1, 2 and 3 as well as Puzzle Bobble 2. I got them from a NeoRAGEx 5.0 set so they should be good ROMs.

When I press A in the RageX frontend (I have UniBIOS/USA selected, even tried a few others), it just freezes. This makes me have to turn off the GP2X.

What am I doing wrong? I've tried no sound, 200MHz, different BIOS locations, 0.6.11 standard, etc. Can't get anything to work.

Hm, I'm having a similar problem. Metal Slug 3 (mslug3n.zip) won't rip on the GP2X because it tells me to rip it on the PC, and trying to rip it on the PC results in me getting just a small stackdump.

I just installed the new Gngeo and already I can't load anything that should load now (encrypted stuff)

EDIT: I just tried using dumpgfx on a nonencrypted ROM, Blazing Star (blazstar.zip) and I get the same stackdump file. Is something wrong with dumpgfx?

I have roms from a NeoRage archive. Most are unusable because they are encrypted for that emu.

But, I have MS 1, 2, X, 5 and Puzzle Bobble, working. PB 2, no go. I never got MS 3 to work either. gngeo2x rips the gfx just fine for all the games I got working.

jaesond posted on May 8 2006 at 02:48 AM said:
Hm, I'm having a similar problem. Metal Slug 3 (mslug3n.zip) won't rip on the GP2X because it tells me to rip it on the PC, and trying to rip it on the PC results in me getting just a small stackdump.

I just installed the new Gngeo and already I can't load anything that should load now (encrypted stuff)

EDIT: I just tried using dumpgfx on a nonencrypted ROM, Blazing Star (blazstar.zip) and I get the same stackdump file. Is something wrong with dumpgfx?

I too am getting this "stackdump" file. Any ideas what it is and why the gfx wont rip?
(I'm trying many diffrent versions of Metal slug 3, and changing the romrc file to match)

For the record no game has ever ripped for me from the gp2x. All creating a 0kb file. Even roms which do work with dumpgfx.exe on the pc.

Last edited by a moderator:
the only games i got working where

NEO Bomberman :D
Fatal fury :)
and KOF97 (crashes to OS after 5 minutes) <_<

KOF2000 and KOF2000n (wasnt sure which so i tried both) both had the error your describing above.

CRWoody posted on May 8 2006 at 06:04 AM said:
jaesond posted on May 8 2006 at 02:48 AM said:

I too am getting this "stackdump" file. Any ideas what it is and why the gfx wont rip?
(I'm trying many diffrent versions of Metal slug 3, and changing the romrc file to match)

For the record no game has ever ripped for me from the gp2x. All creating a 0kb file. Even roms which do work with dumpgfx.exe on the pc.

There's an older version of dumpgfx. I don't know if it'll work with this newest release, but you can try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back