Gmail Invites.

How scary :unsure:

I was innocently looking at my e-mail and I noticed that I had 6 invites :). First 6 ppls to PM me get them!

Is Gmail really worth getting? I still don't have one, but I don't see why it's so appealing to everyone.

Azure posted on Sep 16 2004 at 06:17 AM said:
Is Gmail really worth getting? I still don't have one, but I don't see why it's so appealing to everyone.
I keep asking myself the same thing, my entire outlook pst-file is about 1MB, I already have 350MB online mail storage (because of instant messenger accounts) and friends all want to send me Gmail invites. What the hell am I going to do with all that storage space?
I'm really curious: what do you do with your Gmail account, do you think you will ever need/ use all that space?

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher posted on Sep 17 2004 at 11:53 AM said:
im at 50 megs already!
So how/why do you do that? What is stored there? I don't want personal information, just an indication of what is stored, does it contain a lot of graphics or attachments? Feel free not to answer I'm just really curious :)

Ernest posted on Sep 17 2004 at 03:04 PM said:
Gmail is good for ebay accounts stuff and online buying because you can archive all your important stuff and search for it with the search function later. ;)
I do that too but the second my goods are in and the payment has been made I delete the mails and mails like this are mostly just text, so very small. I delete all my mails when done with them, that's probably why I don't see the use for all that space.

Put up ur e-mail adress and I'll send you one.
God damn you sam, you have unleashed a gmail plaig upon us all. Why, Why, damit

Is there a lot of traffic on gmail or something,
because if I click on something it says that I have to wait a few secs, a few secs later (I try again) still the same message.
And logging in takes a very very long time

aapje89 posted on Sep 17 2004 at 02:55 PM said:
Is there a lot of traffic on gmail or something,
because if I click on something it says that I have to wait a few secs, a few secs later (I try again) still the same message.
And logging in takes a very very long time
Yes, I get that too, I should think there would be a lot of traffic because of the whole 1gb thing.

BTW, anyone still want one? Whenever I give one out, they keep giving me another one the next day!

Back