Gigadrive .17 - 132 Mhz Version?

166 no problem here since i did the voltage mod...

i dont know if theres anyone curently doing voltage mods in the uk but im happy to do it for 10ukp per console + postage.

thanks,

malty

Fantastic :D I was gonna send to Mashmods but since theres now someone in the UK doing this mod now I'l send it there instead.

I will use these guys to do mine then.. its in the Uk... shame they dont do the screen mod

I plan on doing this myself, there are guides all you have to do is cut the glass to the correct size. :)

Akuma no Houkon posted on May 7 2004 at 02:58 PM said:
maltloaf posted on May 7 2004 at 04:46 AM said:
166 no problem here since i did the voltage mod...

i dont know if theres anyone curently doing voltage mods in the uk but im happy to do it for 10ukp per console + postage.

thanks,

malty

http://www.console-fix.co.uk/catalog/produ...?products_id=50
Mashmods does the voltage mod as well. (I actually just got my GP32 back from him a couple days ago with the mod applied.) Although its not in the UK.
yea i was aware that mashmods did them, I don't want to step on any toes just making the service available for anyone in the uk that doesnt want to send their gp out of the country.

thanks,

malty

Last edited by a moderator:
yea i was aware that mashmods did them, I don't want to step on any toes just making the service available for anyone in the uk that doesnt want to send their gp out of the country.

thanks,

malty

Good news for anyone in the UK, deserving of its own topic. So I made one :) I was gonna comment on the lack of a 132 version of Gigadrive 0.17 but I'll send my GP for the overclock mod next week so not much point as I'll soon be able to use the other version anyway :D

I got lucky, my non-modded GP32 goes to 166 MHZ with no problems.

The improvements i've noticed? just that shinobi, rocket knight, bloodlines, and other games that need status bars and menus are now completely playable and working (Ranger X is the pinnacle of full speed, buuuuut, comix zone, contra, sonic 3, gunstar heroes, aaaand ristar don't seem to work. But i'm happy with the emu so far)

I tried both versions and there didn't seem to be very much of a speed diffference. They both seemed a bit "frame skippy" to me. I just use the 133 version as to not burn up batteries so quick.

zero wing almost plays in 0.17, it crashed in the earlier one almost straight away with corrupt gfx, but now the intro and opening screen are ok, but it still doesnt run (just loops back to the opening screen)

Back