Gigadrive .17 - 132 Mhz Version?

I was going to ask the same thing. Mine runs the 156 version fine though, so I think this new version is the 156mhz (?)

I've been a bit busy at work. Have I missed a version since GBAX? I've looked in beta dev and had a quick scout around the forums but can't find mention of a new one so can you put an old man out of his misery and tell me where to get it :)

finalburn.com <--- Fdave's site ... has the newest version.

It fixed the missing score/health bar stuff in some games; in my case, I noticed the difference in Castlevania: Bloodlines.

a pretty big deal of an update if you ask me.

i can't believe the speed/playability of this thing!!
new favorite emu for for GP32!!!

great job to all involved!!!

Isn't it open source? Just change the number yourself.

IntenseWage posted on May 7 2004 at 05:15 AM said:
fDave, did you make a 132 MHz version of .17? I can't run the new FXE.

Oops - I'll have to sort out a decent menu with a proper speed option at some point :)

Anyone got a super-charged GP32 which can do 166mhz by the way?

Last edited by a moderator:
fdave posted on May 7 2004 at 10:46 AM said:
IntenseWage posted on May 7 2004 at 05:15 AM said:
fDave at did you make a 132 MHz version of .17? I can't run the new FXE.

Oops - I'll have to sort out a decent menu with a proper speed option at some point :)

Anyone got a super-charged GP32 which can do 166mhz by the way?
yep quite a lot of people actually.

I think about half of users can do 166mhz so it would definitely be worth including this option if you were thinking about it anyway.

check the following thread.: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...erclocking+poll

mine only to 156 and ~30min to 160mhz, so please dont overclock to 166, or give out different versions if u can.

Wolfsclaw posted on May 7 2004 at 12:00 PM said:
mine only to 156 and ~30min to 160mhz, so please dont overclock to 166, or give out different versions if u can.

don't worry 166mhz will be optional (132mhz or lower will be the default)

166 isn't a problem for me.

btw: great work! sonic 2 plays damn near perfect, even the special stages work. I have a new favorite emu.

I can do 166 and beyond, but I would like a 132-Version much more. It runs perfect on that speed for now and I dont want to waste batteries.

Mine works fine up to 164Mhz, unfortunately for some reason most authors make emulators support either 156Mhz or 166Mhz, rarely anything inbetween =\

maltloaf posted on May 7 2004 at 04:46 AM said:
166 no problem here since i did the voltage mod...

i dont know if theres anyone curently doing voltage mods in the uk but im happy to do it for 10ukp per console + postage.

thanks,

malty

http://www.console-fix.co.uk/catalog/produ...?products_id=50
Mashmods does the voltage mod as well. (I actually just got my GP32 back from him a couple days ago with the mod applied.) Although its not in the UK.

Akuma no Houkon posted on May 7 2004 at 03:58 PM said:
maltloaf posted on May 7 2004 at 04:46 AM said:
166 no problem here since i did the voltage mod...

i dont know if theres anyone curently doing voltage mods in the uk but im happy to do it for 10ukp per console + postage.

thanks,

malty

http://www.console-fix.co.uk/catalog/produ...?products_id=50
Mashmods does the voltage mod as well. (I actually just got my GP32 back from him a couple days ago with the mod applied.) Although its not in the UK.
I will use these guys to do mine then.. its in the Uk... shame they dont do the screen mod :(

Back