Getting A Port Of Zelda Classic

Hmm found some other show-stopping bugs while preparing the release, so it should take a while...

I just tried it and it's a very nice release! Best of luck trying to get it to run a tad faster, it's almost there :)

Would it benefit from frameskipping, or is it mainly the logic that's taking such a high toll on performance? Does the game run at 8 bit depth, or 16 bit?

Alex. said:
I just tried it and it's a very nice release! Best of luck trying to get it to run a tad faster, it's almost there :)

Would it benefit from frameskipping, or is it mainly the logic that's taking such a high toll on performance? Does the game run at 8 bit depth, or 16 bit?
I think it runs at 8bpp, the only think I did was disable the VSync which in desktop version made it too fast, but made no difference on the gp2x.

But I did no optimization besides adding the gcc compilation parameters, so there should be more than can be done to speedup.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got it running in my f100 mk1. it works! the first thing it says is that it cant load my save file. then it slowly goes to the register screen where it looks like theres some broken sprite to the left. i assume we can enter names yet? when the game loads it shows the HUD up until the i can start moving around, then it disappears. anyway just wanted to let you know. thanks-a-guhbillion for getting this up and running!

michael. said:
i got it running in my f100 mk1. it works! the first thing it says is that it cant load my save file. then it slowly goes to the register screen where it looks like theres some broken sprite to the left. i assume we can enter names yet? when the game loads it shows the HUD up until the i can start moving around, then it disappears. anyway just wanted to let you know. thanks-a-guhbillion for getting this up and running!
Yes this is the way it should be running now. The HUD is disappearing on the desktop too, should be some bug of this source I got...

There's no keyboard on it, an automatic save name is entered you just press the enter-mapped key to accept.

I took the liberty to create an icon, maybe you could include it in the next release? Can't wait! :D

zelda_screenshot.png

And the real icon:
zelda.png

Kenney said:
I took the liberty to create an icon, maybe you could include it in the next release? Can't wait! :D

zelda_screenshot.png

And the real icon:
zelda.png
Was just waiting for someone artistically-inclined to do it! Will be the icon for the next release, thanks!

Back