Zelda Classic and RPG Maker 2k

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I think it would be nice to have an interpreter for Zelda Classic or ASCII RPG Maker 2k.
That would enable all the GP32 users to play a lot of custom made quests and RPGs mobile :)

Don't know what Zelda Classic is?
Just take a look at www.zeldaclassic.com :)

You are a doodie after my own heart evildragon-I scecond that thought-zelda classic would b great on my gp32 :D

yes, zelda classic would be really cool, also make own quest, but i didnt saw the sources on the site downloadable, so someone has to ask for them. I hope the best...

Isnt zelda classic open source now, i think theres is an exact zelda1 remake for pc.

From the FAQ on the original homepage:

--------

Q: Will you make a port of Zelda Classic to some other platform (Windows, Mac, Linux...)?
A: Yes, the goal is to port to the Windows and Linux platforms. A Mac port has also been discussed as possibly happening, but don't count on it.

Q: Will you release the source code?
A: Don't count on it. We like to keep the source code inside of Armageddon Games. Not to mention that many things such as quest passwords would become unsecure.

--------

Okay, they don't want to release the sourcecode.
But they are open for ports on other platforms.
So I guess if someone of the pretty good GP32 here in this forum asks for a source, he will probably get it.

A Zelda 1 remake wouldn't actually be the same cause you can create custom quests for Zelda Classic (and there already ARE some pretty good quests :)

Back