German Orders Shipped Later

Caine

Hardcore Member
EvilDragon said:
Und ja, wer hier bestellt hat, wird ein paar Tage länger warten müssen. Bei der Pandora übernehme ich ja die Versandkosten. Würde ich jede einzelne aus UK verschicken, würde das pro Pandora ca. 6 EUR mehr an Versand kosten - und das sind bei ca. 500 Pandoras aus Deutschland auch gleich wieder 3000 EUR Zusatzkosten. Und die nur, damit die User ca. 1 - 2 Wochen weniger warten müssen... sorry, kann ich mir nicht leisten. Die Pandoras werden in schönen Paketen zu mir geschickt (müssen wir noch optimieren, für wieviel... aber wohl ca. 50 - 100 Stück pro Paket) und dann von hier weiterbearbeitet (und dazu muss ich nicht hier sein - das wird alles vorbereitet ))
Rough translation:
And yes, who ordered here [in Germany] will have to wait a few days longer. I'm taking care of shipping costs. If I would have to send every Pandora individually from the UK, then it would cost about 6 euros more per Pandora, so for about 500 Pandoras from Germany that would cost 3000 euros extra. This only such that the users would have to wait 1 or 2 weeks less... sorry, I cannot afford this. The Pandoras will be send in nice packages to me (we still have to optimize how many...about 50 - 100 pieces per packet) and then will be processed further from here (I don't have to be present for this, it will all be prepared).
Sorry for posting this here ED, but I don't want to register on the German boards as well and some other Dutch people around here might be interested.

Does this also hold for orders from the Netherlands (placed at your shop)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Caine: It is obvious (for me) that all orders from ED's site will be affected. I think that it is acceptable and understandable even if it may annoy someone a lot. I guess that if packages will be pre-packed in UK than in Germany side someone just stick prepared addresses and ship it.

Fishbong said:
What if we pay for shipping from the UK? And a reasonable sum for additional expenses?

Wouldn't it be too much trouble if they have to collect extra payment for this.

Also they are probably busy enough for now... What's really important IMO is that they can get build pretty fast and that the next batch of cases can arrive soon enough.
Shipping from UK to Germany shouldn't really be a big issue. They need to have be well organized though.

Is this from the UK to Germany only?

E.g. using TNT here in the Netherlands the price is the same for UK and Germany. It's only cheaper when shipping nationwide. So maybe this is only directed at the German customers, since it's likely German postal services handle this the same way. If so, S&H for the Dutch (and other Europeans) will not be different, and thus fall outside the scope of ED's post.

peca said:
I think that it is acceptable and understandable even if it may annoy someone a lot.
Oh, I understand, in fact I agree with ED completely. One or two weeks extra are barely noticeable. I just want to know what to expect.

Depending on how they are shipped, shipping them from the UK to Germany and then back to the Netherlands might be more expensive than shipping them directly.

Sorry to add to this but i have forgot what shipping methods the uk store offered ,i really can't remember if there were options for shipping when i ordered ,if there were options then i am sure i would have choosen the cheapest method but i really don't know what that was or the cost ,it was quite a while ago now and my memory is blank.

I don't get it. This is a purely financial problem, is it? It wouldn't delay the manufacturing.
So if gbax is sending them out all over the world, why is it not possible to send the ones purchased by EDs customers out as well if they pay for it.

You'd just have to make it so everyone who wants the immediate shipping can pay via bank transfer and have (order number)shipnow as reason for payment and ED would know immediately who wants their Pandora shipped from the UK.

Fishbong said:
I don't get it. This is a purely financial problem, is it? It wouldn't delay the manufacturing.
So if gbax is sending them out all over the world, why is it not possible to send the ones purchased by EDs customers out as well if they pay for it.

You'd just have to make it so everyone who wants the immediate shipping can pay via bank transfer and have (order number)shipnow as reason for payment and ED would know immediately who wants their Pandora shipped from the UK.
Hey Fishbong, how they hanging?

Anyway, on to the matter at hand. I'm guessing the problem is that Ed only charged shipping charges for his orders within his shipping range. So I'm sure some of those orders could just add in funds, to pay the differance, but that would be a lot of work and hassle for anyone but Ed. Craig will be busy assembling and handling other things, so I'm sure his orders will be handled by his staff in the UK and there hands will be full as well.

Ed's not even due to show up until a week or so after they even start, so I'm sure it would be possible, but the few weeks just seems like less of a nightmare in the long run. I do feel your pain though! Good luck to all.

@paddy
I believe there where only 2 shipping options from Craigs shop, standard and express(UPS I believe).

Chris

Ahh thanks Jumpman ,so it be standard option then prolly 3/4 working days.

btw - couldn't the guys who ordered from Ed's store just pay the difference and ship from the uk store ? would it really be that much more ,well i think Ed says 6 euros ,i would pay that than wait up to two weeks ,sorry to hear the news guys but i hope theres options for you.

Yeah, I'm in the US, so standard for me would take 1-2 weeks. So I went with express for my orders. Hopefully I'll get them within 2-4 days.

Chris

FishBong: This issue is probably only for German customers which pay only for German local postage. I don't know international postage from Germany can cover same service from UK.
EDIT: Only ED can explain this clearly. :)

First, in Germans have paid 0 (aka Zero, nothing) for shipping.

Second, it would be great if ED and Craig can work something out, so that Craig's stuff is sending ED's Ps and ED's customers pay extra.
I ordered on the pre-order-extension so I am definitely not one of the first and I don't care that much.

@Marshal: Germans are ALWAYS well organized :)

Well, there's a lot of organization stuff that needs to be done to do the shipping right...
If anyone wants to have it faster and transfers the money for the extra shipment to my account, I have to check this, change every invoice, etc.
With 500+ orders, this would make it a LOT of work. As I'll be in UK to assemble, I really don't have much time to do such things...

I'll try to find a solution, but I'm not sure it's that easy.

Is that cheaper even for sending it to non-German addresses, or is that more for logistic reasons ?

Actually I would not be to surprised if it is indeed cheaper to send the Pandora's in big chuncks (50 -100 pieces) to Germany and then send it from Germany to Belgium than directly from the UK to Belgium across the channel...(Amazon.co.uk did also send a lot of stuff from Germany to Belgium instead directly from the UK before they opened a hub in Belgium) ;)

But as long as my Pandora get here safely I'm happy :)

Polossatik said:
Is that cheaper even for sending it to non-German addresses, or is that more for logistic reasons ?

Actually I would not be to surprised if it is indeed cheaper to send the Pandora's in big chuncks (50 -100 pieces) to Germany and then send it from Germany to Belgium than directly from the UK to Belgium across the channel...(Amazon.co.uk did also send a lot of stuff from Germany to Belgium instead directly from the UK before they opened a hub in Belgium) ;)

But as long as my Pandora get here safely I'm happy :)
Ah, a fellow Belgian pre-oderer :)

I agree, as long as we get our pandora, nothing to complain about.
We've already waited for a while, 2 weeks is nothing ;)

Hmm, I ordered at GBAX.com so I guess mine will be send from the UK to The Netherlands without first going the whole route to Germany.

Did you need to order at a specific page/shop when you are now having it send from Germany?

Back