German Orders Shipped Later

torpor said:
Can't you just carry back a few hundred in your luggage, ED? ;)
I'm fairly sure this is Ed's plan, but if he shows up a week late to assembly, and then leaves within a weeks time, there you have the 1-2 week delay for German customers!

Look, just last week I sold 100+ items on ebay(an average week for me). It takes me 1-3days to package everything, and get it out into shipping. Every week, there are 1 or 2 special request, and it's not a big deal, but if I had 20-30 customers every week who want to change something, it would be a huge, huge problem for a one man team. Could it be done? Sure with a lot of extra time and care not to make a mistake and keep everything running smoothly!

Sadly guys, ED is also a one man team when it comes to his shop and orders. There is always several solutions to most problems, but not all are financialy feasible or sound. Those who are lucky enough to be in the first batch should be happy they only have to wait 1-2 weeks, would you rather be in the 1001-4000 place in line? Then how long do you think the wait might be?

2 weeks is a bargain compared to that option, which is sadly the only option many here have. Ed is the one guy around here who I believe would do everything in "HIS" power to make anything happen for his customers, but he is only one man trying his best, try and cut him some slack.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:
so I moved backwards in the list by about 500 units hmmmm
The way I understood it, we still have the same queue number. The difference is that it will ship indirectly. So rather than shipping when ready, we will have to wait for a batch of 50 to 100 to finish, ship to Germany and then ship to us. It doesn't really move you backwards in the list but delays the arrival.

I'm a bit worried myself about the parts which aren't there yet, i.e. the remaining 3000 orders. I would hate to be moved into that batch because so much can still go wrong there.

Paying extra to speed things up will create a bit of a logistic hassle and will complicate the shipping administration, I'm not sure that's worth it for just two weeks.

damn it! ordered from ED's shop because I couldn't get into gbax because of connection problems that day.

I'm in america so I'm going to have to wait for it to go from UK to Germany then from Germany to the US... BALLS!

ED, if you find a solution to this, (maybe transfer my order to craig's shop?) or those that are in my situation let me/us know kthx

order:2716
ordered:Tuesday 30 September, 2008

I don't see it as much of a problem... Most of the software won't be immediately available anyway. I expect it to take a few weeks to get the devs equipped and up to speed so the only thing that changes with a later release date is that we get more launch "titles".

Of course if you just need a small Linux computer within the next three weeks and are one of the first to order this will inconvenience you noticably... But I don't think there are that many people who fall into that category. (Okay, or if you're a dev. That does hurt a bit, then.)

I think it make sense overall, I think in the long run more Pandora's will go out quicker with Michael helping putting them together, rather than him spending the time maintaining special shipping requests.

I have a question. Out of the 1000 or so being produced next week, how will Craig and Ed 'divide them up', so to speak? (ie. Will 500 go to Craigs shop, 500 to Michael's, or will they be split a different way). As if i'm in first '350-450' with Craigs shop, that might not be the first 350-450 being sent out, as if 1's allocated to Craig and 1 to Michael, 350-450 in Craig's que, will be 700-900 in the overall que.

If that all made sense! :p

JohnM said:
I think it make sense overall, I think in the long run more Pandora's will go out quicker with Michael helping putting them together, rather than him spending the time maintaining special shipping requests.

I have a question. Out of the 1000 or so being produced next week, how will Craig and Ed 'divide them up', so to speak? (ie. Will 500 go to Craigs shop, 500 to Michael's, or will they be split a different way). As if i'm in first '350-450' with Craigs shop, that might not be the first 350-450 being sent out, as if 1's allocated to Craig and 1 to Michael, 350-450 in Craig's que, will be 700-900 in the overall que.

If that all made sense! :p
Don't forget Fatih, he has some too, I remember it being talked about but I forgot how they said they were breaking it down. Or did they officially say how it was going to work?

but it's 3 ways, I know that much
www.gbax.com , shop.gp2x.de & www.gp2xtr.com
-------------
tldr; I'm just bitching here

oh and for 30 pounds or euros or whatever extra I have already paid for shipping a fairly small ~1-2lb box from there to here, I think I can complain about a potential 1 month delay between my particular one being built and my doorstep. I say a month because I've ordered stuff priority mail before and it took 2 weeks from Germany. Yes it may just be a few extra weeks of waiting compared to the year and a half I just waited, but this waiting really has nothing to do with development. After they are built, everything from that point on is how they normally make their living selling stuff and shipping stuff online. If I have to pay 6 pounds euros or whatever, I am fully prepared to do that to knock 2 weeks off of a 1 month wait. That way I can have it around the same time the Germans get theirs.

drD20 said:
So when are the first units shipped to germany?

Well, as soon as I got a box with at least 50 units together, I'd say. Leaving to UK in four hours, everything here in Germany is prepared to be shipped out :)

Last edited:
when are shipped the Pandora first buy in gbax and, after the 256Mo upgrade, paid on gp2x.de? are my queue N° the same? shipped from germany or UK (i'm in France)?

well im glad i have a slight indication when to expect shipping from Germany.

The reason I ordered from gpx2.de is the good experience with German webshops.

I would have ordered with ED (bought 4 GP2X'es and a Wiz from him already) as I am in Austria, but I put my order in with Craig because I figured he would get them first (and ship to ED, etc.) back in the days when he was still getting the manufacturing done elsewhere. I can't imagine it will take long for the German orders to arrive - delivery within Germany usually happens next-day, in my experience, so its only a matter of waiting for ED to get back .. he may end up beating the UK->Germany post by a day, in any case ..

Back