Generalnmx's Anime And Manga Thread

well, im not into it much
Ghost in the Shell was good, movie and series , manga also kinda
and if it counts, I have all the orgional gundam wings ( 40 or 50 , cant remember )
have them all and the xmas special , their pretty neat
great way to waste a week

~Octavious

divadsci posted on Sep 14 2004 at 03:38 PM said:
I'm downloading the series Planet ES, does anyone know what it's like?
It's top notch, man. PlanetES is one of my favorite animes. But judging by the other things you've listed in this topic (I thought Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushii Sekai was generic garbage, in every aspect). It's not exactly shoujo, but it's bordering on it. There's practically no action in the show (Although the ones that are in there are realistic and well done), and it's mainly about character development and interaction. If you've read a summary of it, you know it's pretty realistic, so I'm not sure how fond you'll be of it. But as I said, I personally loved it.

Someone also mentioned Monster. This is a MUST WATCH this season for anyone who isn't only into ecchi and action anime. The storyline, characters, EVERYTHING is fantastic. The show also has excellent artwork.

Aside from that, I'd recomment Shingetsutan Tsukihime, and RahXephon. Tsukihime's extremely original, and gives a fresh spin on the whole vampire thing. It's got a great plot, great characters, and this atmosphere that's really absorbing. All in all, it's just a great anime in almost every aspect. I can understand why some people wouldn't like it, though, because at times it can be slow, and later on there are so many plot twists it does get somewhat convoluted if you're not paying attention. And as for RahXephon, well, RahXephon catches a lot of shit for being an EVA clone, but if you've watched it (And if you haven't, you should), you'll know it's only similar to EVA on the surface, and the pool of things they share in common are really very shallow.

Scrapped Princess is another awesome show. Actually, I love anything by Bones Studios. If you liked that, definitely check out FMA, or Wolf's Rain, or [again] RahXephon, or Phantom Memory KURAU (Which just came out but is still extremely good).

I dig Naruto and One Piece and all, but I really place a lot of importance on characters, character interaction, character development, and story/plot, and I can't stand ecchi, so things like DearS and Yumeria turn me off.

And finally, a few others I'd suggest are Koi Kaze (Touchy subject matter, but a good anime overall. Nice art especially), Full Metal Panic, if you haven't seen it (Fun to watch. Almost as funny as Fumoffu) and Twelve Kingdoms if you can find it. It's pretty awesome. Also, Last EXILE, Ayashi no Ceres, and Haibane Renmei are all damn good. I saw Da Capo a while ago, and didn't like it all. Generic art, lovey story with cheery blossoms and such, two dimensional characters, and just a bunch of other generic aspects.

Man, I sure as hell didn't mean to type this much. OH WELL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this isn't a great anime but it brings back memories: Street Fighter. Don't ask why but its just fun for me to watch as I'm big Street Fighter fan even though I suck at the game now.

CrazyDesi posted on Sep 18 2004 at 05:29 PM said:
I know this isn't a great anime but it brings back memories: Street Fighter. Don't ask why but its just fun for me to watch as I'm big Street Fighter fan even though I suck at the game now.
The movies where ok. I like the games tho; Chun Li rocks :). Cant find the series in good quality on the net tho :/

PinkSpider posted on Sep 18 2004 at 04:43 PM said:
CrazyDesi posted on Sep 18 2004 at 05:29 PM said:
The movies where ok. I like the games tho; Chun Li rocks :). Cant find the series in good quality on the net tho :/

I didn't like the movie much(only saw Alpha) but I have some of the episodes on DVD. I for some strange reason hate Cowboy Bebop. I don't know why. I think I'm just weird :).

Everyone must watch 2x2 Shinobuden, unless you don't like very silly ninja parodies.

By the way, I figured out that Full Moon wo Sagashite is actually takes elements from a much older anime called Magical Anime Creamy Mami, and not the other way around.

Oh, and if you like Noir (girl assasins), then you should also try Gunslinger Girls.

If you don't mind a little ecchi, then Hanakyou Maids Tai and Girls Bravo are great.

generalnmx posted on Sep 18 2004 at 08:24 PM said:
Everyone must watch 2x2 Shinobuden, unless you don't like very silly ninja parodies.

Hmm... I tried the first episode of that and I couldn't stand it, I'm afraid; the jokes were all there, but I just found them completely unfunny. And considering the type of humour, I doubt it'll get any better as the series progresses. Which is a pity. I can see how others might find it funny though :)

Oh, for those who are into ecchi, or are sadistic, and can be bothered to skip the intro, Ippatu Kikimusume can be quite amusing at times. In a sick and twistd kind of way. Just um... skip the intro. It is, I fear, quite terrible. Actually, its probably the most unmusical thing I've ever heard billing itself as music.

Allright. Just got my Love Hina DVD. Gotta say it´s good, but some Episodes are VERY weird. I just managed to watch up to episode 17 yesterday, the rest´s gonna get it today.

another god anime:

Gunsmith cats.

Back