Release geany 0.20

Jones

Still Fresh
Hi,

first contribution here, I hope everything important fits now. Making the pnd took longer than compiling on the pandora :)

It still misses the doc files ,tiny tweaks like a real description and some proper testing.

If you find nothing broken I will upload it straight to the repo.

Have fun,

Jonas

edit: it is now avaiable in the repo

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh! I often use Geany on my desktop machine, and it's at 0.20. I'll definitely d/l this and put it through its paces!

Thanks Jones,

I tested your geany.pnd of Geany 2.0 and it works nicely with freamon’s C/C++ Development Tools 0.0.39 (cdevtools.pnd) found at http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=cdevtools.freamon.40n8e

When the geany.pnd is ran through the cdevtools.pnd terminal Geany inherits the working C/C++ compiler environment.

To do this I first ran the cdevtools and from that terminal I used the pnd_run command to launch your geany.pnd.

From the cdevtools command line:

Code:
$pnd_run /path/to/your/geany.pnd

Use the correct path to geany.pnd and Geany will launch with make and compile capabilities.

I customized the Geany toolbar and set the icons to super tiny to get a little more room on the Pandora.

I used this setup to compile BasiliskII on the Pandora and it works.

So if anyone wants a go at developing on the Pandora with a nice IDE, grab geany.pnd and cdevtools.pnd and have at it.

Thanks again!

Oops didn't have the idea running it directly in cdevtool, now it makes sense :p Thanks dgame, I will make an upload to the repo now.

btw I also use tiny icons ;)

Please excuse my ignorance in matters programming and linux. I'm trying to set up a C programming environment on my pandora, to help with my college work.

After running C/C++ Development tools I have the prompt

~/mysrc$

I then type

$pnd_run /media/PAND32GB/pandora/menu/Applications/geany.pnd

and get the message

bash: /media/PAND32GB/pandora/menu/Applications/geany.pnd: cannot execute binary file

Please tell me where I'm going wrong, thanks.

The dollar sign should not be a part of the command, it is usually besides commands in howto's to indicate it is supposed to run as a regular user.

the exception being when you need a enviroment variable to be assigned a specific value when the program runs, like

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib some_program_to_run

I will be trying Geany because I tried CodeBlocks and when I click Compile I got absolutely no response.

I even started it exactly the same as you did with geany above.

Start CDevTools then Codeblocks. Got the compiler Setup. tried HelloWorld but no response on "Compile:.

Back