Beta MilkyTracker: touch screen friendly version (bugs!)

j0e

so the current version of milkytracker is nice, but it's really optimised for PCs and the buttons are WAY too tiny to be fiddling around with on a touch screen! but did you know that milkytracker also has a low-resolution mobile version designed specifically for touch screens??? take a look:

RwERKyqkMkoXgVhlSPef2i05XF3TFi9Y08lQrTDWB2_4fKjCU-JqRaiHkSfwbbN9FUg=h900

sick innit? well I've been fiddling around trying to get a pandora version running. the great big low-res buttons are perfect for the touch screen display, as is the virtual keyboard. So far I'm mostly successful, except it refuses to work correctly if the codeblocks pnd isn't running in the background at the same time. ptitseb has been awesome in diagnosing the problems but there is one last stubborn one. More info about the last remaining bug can be found here

I'll upload this to the repo when it's bug-free. In the mean time, check this download link:

(IMPORTANT: if you didn't read any of the above, you must have ptitSeb's codeblocks pnd open in the background (select "Dev Command Line Interface" to not open the whole of codeblocks) otherwise it will refuse to run!)
DOWNLOAD LINK (21 MB) - the binary can be found in MilkyTracker/src/tracker/app. Might need to do export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=lib but that's only necessary if you're not running the codeblocks pnd.

Ok, I think the only missing lib is libGL.so.1 (that is glshim). SDL2 use it, but use dlopen and thus doesn't get automaticaly copied with copy_libs.sh

Yep, that is the milkytracker version that runs on the Caanoo, and it does so super fine, only problem is crashing on the way out, but apart from that, a very usefull tool.
It should rock wonders on the pandora with its power sound scheme.

There are many trackers nowadays that could fit the pandora, from modern to classic.
On the classic side, I have been looking at Klystracker lately.

Here it is with source and all:
http://kometbomb.github.io/klystrack/

Ok, I think the only missing lib is libGL.so.1 (that is glshim). SDL2 use it, but use dlopen and thus doesn't get automaticaly copied with copy_libs.sh

That's abracadabra for me.. lol :)

Do I understand it correctly that codeblocks is a library of common programs that can be used by any software and one of those programs had to be bundled in the pnd but it didn't because it was already opened by something else?

@Eight Bit not really.
The codeblocks PND is a full developpement environnement, with many libs embedded (not found on default firmware or updated). Once a soft is compile with thoses tools, they depends on the libs, so you have to embed the used lib in your pnd (to be independant of codeblokcks).

Back