GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

List of stuff.
wgJCKnY.jpg

Anyone who purchased a SE GCW before the kickstarter will receive...

- GCW zero SE upgraded from a 16GB to 32GB Class 10 (Correction on SDXC just found out can't be sourced been waiting for a reply from vendor just go it)

- hdmi cable

- pouch with SE logo

- a t-shirt

- all current open source games and software loaded on the GCW zero SE

- access to support on the website

- glass etched with GCW logo

- GCW zero logo decal

I can't wait to receive mine!

Tnks a lot Justin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah this is very good of you Justin

I'm that little bit more eager now for my GCW Zero SE ... & goodies bag :)

I'll definitely be making a little donation in future for this, the tee will be worn with pride, the current open source games & S/W loaded is a touch too... What glass what glass?! I remember the photo! I liked them all anyway! Don't tell me I'll like the surprise!

This is a serious matter. We are already investigating this. Can a moderator remove that link?

This happened with Pandora too. Of course there was never a fake Pandora, meaning that's probably not what this is, but someone hoping to get a special volume price from the GCW folks after they place an order.

Then again, since GCW Zero was made in China the company who did so could have sold it around..

This happened with Pandora too. Of course there was never a fake Pandora, meaning that's probably not what this is, but someone hoping to get a special volume price from the GCW folks after they place an order.

Then again, since GCW Zero was made in China the company who did so could have sold it around..
That's somewhat more troubling. I'm new here, was the pandora the real thing then?

No, the Pandoras weren't real. I don't think a Chinese company would try to make something like that.

Hmm, well whatever the bulk price they could possibly get, there'd be no room for markup when they're charging $0-$1 per unit.

EDIT: Doesn't the Zero have a touchscreen? It's listed as a no on this page. I stand by my knockoff claim.

This is a serious matter. We are already investigating this. Can a moderator remove that link?
This is a serious matter and Justin should be addressing his customers about this head on as it could put his Kickstarter funding at risks since there is no obligation for Kickstarter supporters to pay up. Removing the link won't stop it from spreading over the internet and hiding the matter will only fuel the fire for GCW0 doubters.

And if anyone cancels their pledge because of this they're really dumb. Now I'm not one to underestimate general stupidity but I don't think it'll be a pandemic.

The guys who made the Pandora case immediately shopped it around.. some other Chinese company picked a bunch up and stuffed random shit into it, and made some crummy mp4 out of it, I think; I seem to recall there were photos up of some 'looked like a pandora, until you turned it on' sort of thing somewhere. But again, might be all in my head ... <- sleepy :)

Its sort of standard operating procedure to not have one company make your kit; you spread it out across a few guys and then assemble it yourself, in the hopes they dont' find each other and clone it right away (give you a few weeks first ;)

jeff

This company is not the manufacturer of the console.  They have never been directly or indirectly involved with its design or manufacture.

As with all things too good to be true, this is either a scam or a knock off of the console.   Trying to ride off of the Kickstarter success of the GCW-Zero console in the news etc.

They will never provide support, warranty, or updates to the system as we will continue to refine it and make it better.

As with all knock-offs, including the Dingoo A320 HK there was never support for for this knock off or the actual console just months after it was released.

The community had to resolve the issues on their own with no support from the actual manufacturer.  Most concerns or problems were never addressed, occasionally a small firmware update was released but never fixed the Dingoo A320 HK, as it was a knock off and built differently then the original Dingoo Digital A320.

I've contacted my manufacturer and they will resolve the matter and get it removed this is a scam/hoax as I thought it was not sure how long it will take to remove it but rest assured it will be removed or worse someone will attempt to buy it and be scammed of their hard earned money which is tragedy in itself.

You will see just by Google that scams/hoaxes are very rampant on Alibaba and other Chinese wholesale websites....

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3Bepsugrerhigh&gs_rn=1&gs_ri=hp&tok=dFu5JwO40PlddF5wIni5VA&cp=11&gs_id=oo&xhr=t&q=alibaba+scam&es_nrs=true&pf=p&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&oq=alibaba+sca&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41524429,d.b2I&fp=86adb78287de6c61&biw=1680&bih=947

The guys who made the Pandora case immediately shopped it around.. some other Chinese company picked a bunch up and stuffed random shit into it, and made some crummy mp4 out of it, I think; I seem to recall there were photos up of some 'looked like a pandora, until you turned it on' sort of thing somewhere. But again, might be all in my head ... <- sleepy :)
I doubt this. People would have been very vocally critical of such a thing on these boards. But no one ever even mentioned it. Craig and ED in particular would have outed the plastics company as being thieves. Craig in particular would have loved to use that to justify his decision to move away from Chinese manufacturing.

I don't know about GCW but the situation is a little different if the plastics company did the design work for the case, which is definitely not the case for Pandora. Maybe wouldn't have made a difference legally but one is even smarmier than the other in my mind.

gcw should do the same thing like ED when the fake Pandora offer came up:

Just pretend he is a buyer and try to get his console from them. After that I think they contacted ED to see if they can buy Pandoras from him for this ridiculous price.

wow, that's great, the GCW0 SDK now comes with a qemu virtual machine:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gcw/gcw-zero-open-source-gaming-handheld/posts
Not yet. The QEMU support is not ready. We're having issues with running applications using sound with it at the moment. It should be also noted QEMU does not emulate JZ4770 and the rest of our hardware, but just a generic MIPS machine running our rootfs. While this is perfect for testing the binaries running in a native environment, this should not be treated as a benchmark/performance test of GCW Zero.

Back