GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

Scratches ain't Pokemons, don't catch them all.

PS: Be gentle with the packages, don't crack the casings.

I would actually love a case for it to be honest. Silicon or rubberized hard plastic or something along those lines, nice and snug and form fitting.

poll needs option for 'all 3 above reasons AND because I'm a retro gaming freak and had to have it'.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED <------ sorry for that but it's so good

Sorry guys been busy at work ten to eleven hour days the consoles are being held at depot for was supposed to get them this morning at 8am but got called in at 6am to get a project done. I will hopefully get them picked up tomorrow worse case will be Friday as I'm taking it off.

Can't you delegate or get someone to help you? Its a bit of a shame they're sitting around in a depot :)

I know it is a shame wife works and kid is in college 200 miles away it sucks. Will see if I can sneak out tomorrow during business hours tomorrow to get it

If I worked/lived nearby I'd definitely volunteer to help out :D anyways, don't get in trouble with work!

Hi Gcw,

Keep up the good work man, this console will rock so we appreciate your efforts! ;)

I wrote you an email about the payment, please get back to me. I can't wait to be part of this project.

Regards

Fabio

Hope you sneaked out and got them persue your dream Justin its waiting for you as a mater of fact so are we :)

I know it is a shame wife works and kid is in college 200 miles away it sucks. Will see if I can sneak out tomorrow during business hours tomorrow to get it

For the unaware, there is a sister discussion, both informative and shall I say contradictious, for the GCW Zero project on Dingoonity.org here.

I read part of the discussion. I understand Gcw point of view, 'cause I'm into IT as him and I work long hours for different projects and sometimes you have unexpected work to do and that keeps you busy. Everyone has bills to pay and sadly we can't give up the daily job to follow a dream. When we grasp the dream we can make the right decision. I'm waiting for an answer as well from him but let's be patient guys, our time will come ;)

Welp one more day of the grind this week thank god I'm off Friday can't wait can't wait. These long hours are killing me but project or no project at work I'm off thank god. Then I can get to work on my project the GCW-Zero

I read part of the discussion. I understand Gcw point of view, 'cause I'm into IT as him and I work long hours for different projects and sometimes you have unexpected work to do and that keeps you busy. Everyone has bills to pay and sadly we can't give up the daily job to follow a dream. When we grasp the dream we can make the right decision. I'm waiting for an answer as well from him but let's be patient guys, our time will come ;)

Patience is always the name of the game with these open source handhelds. I think some, unfortunately, still believe the optimistic release dates given by the developers of these portables. A good rule of thumb is always add six more months to the supposed outlined shipping schedule while at the same time politely continue to ask for updates. Progress videos showing how well all the preorder money is being used are helpful too: ;)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/D8dLa5UDV5E?feature=oembed

It is using a software renderer. Once we have the GPU drivers working, we'll try the nanoGL one.

thought the 3d driver was working already

for q2 check out my yamagi opengles branch https://github.com/yquake2/yquake2/tree/opengl_es This is so far the best port ive done.

for q1 I have been working on a direct conversion, which I think will be better than previous conversions and/or the nanogl)

I have been planning to get the mips toolchain installed and built, so I could (and have offered) to support software development.

The GPU driver is not operational yet.

For the toolchain, you can find instructions for building it on this wiki.

Back