GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

Good news the shipment just cleared the customs clearing house no movement yet but the shipment has cleared.

Once We get them will get the units tested then flashed/loaded and then prepare to ship them.

As it's only two of us doing this we will get them out as quick as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news the shipment just cleared the customs clearing house no movement yet but the shipment has cleared.

Once We get them will get the units tested then flashed/loaded and then prepare to ship them.

Awesome, you are my man. I just got a 32Gb mircosd card for this bit of fancy handheld.

first first first ! ! ! me me ! ! here ! ! me ! ! ! first ! !

Can I swap the internal memory card out for a class 10 Samsung easly? Any software needed? Links etc

Now should the next version use an SD card or micro SD card? ;) :p

[EDIT] BTW Very well done :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^No the next gcw handheld should be huge in size thus making the regular sd cards it uses seem micro-sized in comparison. Problem solved...

Thank you. There are plenty of folks excited about this project. :)

Are you GCW guys still accepting new orders?
Im sure they are but only for the regular model. there was only i think 150 special edition models for first pre-orderers, extra ram and more internal storage space etc.The regular unit will be fine too so no biggie.Check games consoles worldwide site to get more info.

GCW, if you don't mind, could you or one of the Developers give us a playable status update on the following Zero emulators:

1. Playstation

2. Nintendo 64

Thanks. :)

GCW, if you don't mind, could you or one of the Developers give us a playable status update on the following Zero emulators:

1. Playstation

2. Nintendo 64

Psx looked promising from early videos, so i'm going to say it's probably going to be pretty decent. I can't imagine thaaaaat much work is involved in optimizing the emu for the gcw internals.

N64 is still up in the air, as far as i know there is no emu nor is anyone actually working on it (i could be wrong - and correct me if i am - but every time anyone asks about n64 it pretty much never really gets answered, aside from a loooooot of 'n64 would be so awesome on the gcw!' )

1. Playstation

2. Nintendo 64

Psx looked promising from early videos, so i'm going to say it's probably going to be pretty decent. I can't imagine thaaaaat much work is involved in optimizing the emu for the gcw internals.

N64 is still up in the air, as far as i know there is no emu nor is anyone actually working on it (i could be wrong - and correct me if i am - but every time anyone asks about n64 it pretty much never really gets answered, aside from a loooooot of 'n64 would be so awesome on the gcw!' )

Sadly, I have noticed an absence of information(text or video) about either the Playstation or Nintendo 64 emulators. That there has been "Zero" news about both is hardly a shock though. The lone video on youtube that I found showing PS1 on the handheld was downright choppy in the few second glimpse of gameplay we did get to see of a 3D PS1 game. I doubt, even with all the optimizing I kept hearing repeated was needed in those videos, we'll see a sizable PS1 playability count for some time. I wouldn't count on playable Nintendo 64 ever, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

The Zero however does render 2D classics fine though. SNES and Gameboy Color looked very, very good in those videos. A quality and worthy successor to the Dingoo, Wiz, and Caanoo. :)

We have PSX emulator first video of it was based on chinese firmware and it was ok but we are working on a version that will take advantage of the Open GL GPU which is yet to be implemented. As for n64 that is still a work in progress also but promising on both fronts missed the DHL due to work but have it signed for and have requested them to place it in garage and lock the door after delivery so should start flashing and loading consoles Monday night.

Justin we need to use protection on our devices :) can we have some nice protection options please for the GCW.

Back