GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

Yeah nice, I'd like the straight glass on far right - Cheers

Agree would look nicer in pics if you filled them, perhaps with Tizer/Irn Bru and some of that dry ice so nice and mystical looking.

Was you giving those out as promo things at the expo? - Nice item.

Should be _n3o_ it's your design hehehehehhehe But yes they came out great PM me when you can or you know my e-mail hit me up

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything shipping today Justin mine maybe ? I was sure I was in atleast the top 50 maybe top 10 tours faithfully from just another GCW fan.

Both of you being so modest it's a compilation of both your works sheesh Erico and _n3o_ both rock in my book

Both of you being so modest it's a compilation of both your works sheesh Erico and _n3o_ both rock in my book

GCW or devs, do you guys think in time the Zero will have some kind of USB gamepad functionality where the handheld itself can be used as a game controller connected to a computer for PC gaming? I'd imagine with that gem of a d-pad it would work well for Project64 and Dolphin emulation. :)

That video should probably be reduced to 25% of the length. I guess, the word patience is actually needed to watch it all...

GCW or devs, do you guys think in time the Zero will have some kind of USB gamepad functionality where the handheld itself can be used as a game controller connected to a computer for PC gaming? I'd imagine with that gem of a d-pad it would work well for Project64 and Dolphin emulation. :)

It is technically possible to have the Zero act as a USB HID Gadget and use it as a game controller in that way. This is currently not on our roadmap however, there are simply too many other things to do first.

By the way, the d-pad on my unit isn't perfect: EvilDragon noticed immediately that the down direction on the d-pad took more effort to register than the other directions (I just thought the application was unresponsive; I didn't realize that it only missed presses in the down direction). Not all units have this problem though; it's probably a production variation among the prototypes and we alerted the factory to this.

Could you say something about the speakers? Qbert complained about them on his prototype. Do the final version get other speakers?

On my unit the speakers are fine: the sound is as good as I would expect from such small speakers. I don't know if the final version will use different speakers or not.

GCW is an American company, the factory is in China and the developers are all over the world (Europe, USA, South America).

Back