Gbax Modified Emulators For 180mhz?

gaterooze

Coltrane Sundia
Website
Visit site
Is it true that GBAx provide a CD of modified emulators which let you overclock to 180mhz, when you buy one of their guaranteed 180mhz BLUs?

If so, which emus are they and does it make much difference in them compared to running on a regular un-voltmodded BLU?

They modify the Gp32's the overclock to 180mhz, they also give out a cd filled with emulators and roms, but the emulators are not modified.

Many people say that theres not much difference from a gp32 that overclocks to 166 and a gp32 that overclocks to 180, IMO 166 is fine, besides, not many programs support 180mhz.

Jr2swiss posted on Aug 19 2004 at 06:34 AM said:
They modify the Gp32's the overclock to 180mhz, they also give out a cd filled with emulators and roms, but the emulators are not modified.
Hmm, someone's been telling me porkies then. A guy told me the emulators they 'supplied' were hacked with additional overclock speeds.

Thanks for giving your viewpoint of 166vs180 -- as you can tell, I'm in the throes of deciding between a GBAx 180mhz and regular Lik-Sang BLU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jr2swiss posted on Aug 19 2004 at 07:01 AM said:
Do you live in the UK?
Australia, mate ;)

Just trying to work out if the extra few mhz are worth another 90 or so Aussie bucks to me. I know there are a lot of folks trying to decide the same thing at the moment, so I don't want to waste more bandwidth -- apologies.

One way or another I'm getting a damn GP32 very soon... can't wait!

btw got an e-mail today from GBAx saying they'll have more BLUs in stock next week.

Jr2swiss posted on Aug 19 2004 at 06:34 AM said:

Many people say that theres not much difference from a gp32 that overclocks to 166 and a gp32 that overclocks to 180, IMO 166 is fine, besides, not many programs support 180mhz.
Legal roms?

gaterooze posted on Aug 19 2004 at 09:29 AM said:
Jr2swiss posted on Aug 19 2004 at 07:01 AM said:
Do you live in the UK?
Australia, mate ;)

Just trying to work out if the extra few mhz are worth another 90 or so Aussie bucks to me. I know there are a lot of folks trying to decide the same thing at the moment, so I don't want to waste more bandwidth -- apologies.

One way or another I'm getting a damn GP32 very soon... can't wait!

btw got an e-mail today from GBAx saying they'll have more BLUs in stock next week.
I'd recommend lik-sang if you live in aus. They even have an aussie bank account you can deposit to.

it makes a huge difference in the snes emulator
you'll probably be able to go at 200 steadilly
that makes a ton of things on snes full speed

it makes a huge difference in the snes emulator
you'll probably be able to go at 200 steadilly
that makes a ton of things on snes full speed

Is ther a version of the new snes emu with 200 support?
I can only get it upto 166.

I think its one of those times when diablo dosent know what hes talking about. I dont know of any emus that go to 200 mhz. I havent been here for 2 months but I have a feeling that didnt change. There isnt really a need for them to go to 200 mhz. Not many people have gp32s that can go that high (is it common at all?)

wow, good thing I missed that. Eh, dosent help me though. I dont have the loot to buy a blu. Some day maybe (probably not) Sorry for being so...crappy.

Back