Gba Vs. Gp2x

Its different in my school. People respect my word on all things electronics there (Probably because I know a hell of a lot, except for DCGM, he thinks im a moron). If I tell many people that its a kickass system, they'll listen.

Wasn't there a megaman game for snes that was 32 bits? I think it was only released in Japan though. It was like megaman 9 or something and you could be bass or megaman. Even though I dont know if it was playable on the gp32....

edit: nvm it was megaman 8 for playstation.

rockman & forte aka megaman & bass
GREAT megaman game! on the top list for sure ;) has everything that makes megaman games good.

it's megaman 9 by the way, was released on the snes after megaman 8.
well, considered megaman 9 anyway.
What? Obviously you're not replying that there was a 32-bit game for the SNES, so what does your post convey?

nah, just naming that game for him

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me of someone in my class, I sat today watching a movie in class, and he come up to me saying, "Is that one of those budget psp's", Man I wanted to smack him dead >_<
Holy crap! The same thing happened to me. I brought mine to school and this kid saw it and, well, here's the conversation we had:
Him: Yo iz dat sum psp?
Me: No. It's a GP2X.
Him: Nawww, it's a psp!
Me: No.
Him: Yaaaa it is!
Me: GP2X. From Korea.
Him: Oh lawd dats sum psps!
Me: Bye.

You should have stabbed him. If I had been there, you could have borrowed my knife.

GBA can't even emulate PC Engine properly. Hell, it even struggles emulating GBC (which it can play natively)!

GBA is *fantastic* for GBA games (of which there are many good ones), but emulation is a total waste of time because a) it just doesn't have the grunt to run much, and more importantly B) the screen is too low res!

Flubba's gb, sms and nes emulators are great and run full speed on the gba! Due to neat resizing trick it does fit the entire screen onto the tiny gba's. If you want to emulate those, get one of those gba movie players supporting smartmedia cards and run the emulators from there.

Now hes claiming that dual 200 mhz is over kill for a 2D game console and 17 mhz is enough. Not to mention he ignored the video capability. And he tells me I'm the stubborn one.

To give the GBA it's dues, it's pretty damn impressive what can be achieved on a GBA. It's a mature platform with a lot of freely available (unofficial) dev-tools and no operating system to get between the coder and the hardware.

I can even sort of see his argument, because I'd have liked to own a GP32 years ago, but there was no way I could justify it: No commercial releases and I already owned a GBA with a flash card.

On the hardware's own merit, there's NO denying that the 2X and 32 blow the GBA right out of the water, though.

To give the GBA it's dues, it's pretty damn impressive what can be achieved on a GBA. It's a mature platform with a lot of freely available (unofficial) dev-tools and no operating system to get between the coder and the hardware.

I can even sort of see his argument, because I'd have liked to own a GP32 years ago, but there was no way I could justify it: No commercial releases and I already owned a GBA with a flash card.

On the hardware's own merit, there's NO denying that the 2X and 32 blow the GBA right out of the water, though.
I'm not disreagarding the GBA as a good game console. But consoles have always get more from their hardware.

As I was ordering it, my brother from behind my shoulder asks:

"Is that an iPod?"

I responded:
"..."
then:
"..."
then:
"...just leave already."

The problem is that the GP2X is way to awesome for people to understand! Since only people who understand something called "technology" can handle the awesomeness. See the charts...

DS - 10% Awesome

PSP - 20% Awesome

GP2X - 70% Awesome

People can only handle around 50% awesomeness.
So obviously they overload when they see the GP2X mistaking it for something less awesome ;)

Its kinda like when Im listening to my zen micro and people are like "Is that the new ipod". I just feel like punching them there and then

awesomeness...

The problem is too many people getting the GP2X who don't really know what their getting into – the device isn't for the faint of heart.... yet...

The problem is that the GP2X is way to awesome for people to understand! Since only people who understand something called "technology" can handle the awesomeness. See the charts...

DS - 10% Awesome

PSP - 20% Awesome

GP2X - 70% Awesome

So obviously they overload when they see the GP2X mistaking it for something less awesome ;)

:lol: >=]

yeah, not for mainstream just yet, :D

DS - 10% Awesome

PSP - 20% Awesome

GP2X - 70% Awesome

:lol: >=]

yeah, not for mainstream just yet, :D

It's just to sudden. nice and easy ;)

Back