Gba Vs. Gp2x

NILL

Still Fresh
I was tell a friend of mine about how I ordered the GP2x and he flamed me about how I wa a idoit for ordering it and said that I wasted money when I could just get blank GBA cartridges and load games on to it. He said this with out ever really knowing about the GP2x. He said that theres a program that will convert and load any 32-bit 2D game. I know this is a down right lie, but is there anything tha even comes close to doing this? And what is the CPU, max room for games(only GBA, i don't think the GP2x has any max other than the SD card or USB storage unit) and resloution spec on the both of them? I couldn't find the speed of the GBA anywere, just that it had a ARM CPU.

The GP2X is much, much, MUCH more powerful than the GBA. The GBA has a 16 MHz ARM7, 256 KB total RAM, a 240x160 screen, etc. They really are incomparable.

GBA has a resolution of 240x160, and can take any sized memory-card-to-flash-cart-adapter (usually around 1gb). There is no such thing (that I can think of) that converts 2D 32-bit games. It just.... no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBA#Processors

Tell your friend that the GP2X is much, MUCH faster and has more potential than the GBA. Check my sig for The Wiki link for info on the GP2X.

GBA can't even emulate PC Engine properly. Hell, it even struggles emulating GBC (which it can play natively)!

GBA is *fantastic* for GBA games (of which there are many good ones), but emulation is a total waste of time because a) it just doesn't have the grunt to run much, and more importantly B) the screen is too low res!

if you want commercial gba games get a gba, if you want commercial psp games get a psp, if you want grea homebrew and emulators and the ability to play movies get a gp32 or gp2x.

if you want commercial gba games get a gba, if you want commercial psp games get a psp, if you want grea homebrew and emulators and the ability to play movies get a gp32 or gp2x.

Couldn't have said it any better myself, so I won't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, H.G.

Last edited by a moderator:
The closest you can get is the SNES emulator which is 16 bit. I cant think of a 32 bit console that is emulated on it.

The closest you can get is the SNES emulator which is 16 bit. I cant think of a 32 bit console that is emulated on it.

The "working" emus that I have used are for the G.G. SMS, NES, and a decent version of the SNES that played Super Pang quite well. As far as the MD, NGPC, WS, ect, I think most experts have concluded that it's impossible. H.G.

Wasn't there a megaman game for snes that was 32 bits? I think it was only released in Japan though. It was like megaman 9 or something and you could be bass or megaman. Even though I dont know if it was playable on the gp32....

edit: nvm it was megaman 8 for playstation.

Thats what I though. And for my purposes the GP2x would be much better. But whats the resloution of that GP2x, sorry if it's posted on the site? I just couldn't find it there.

Wasn't there a megaman game for snes that was 32 bits? I think it was only released in Japan though. It was like megaman 9 or something and you could be bass or megaman. Even though I dont know if it was playable on the gp32....
Lol? it was a 16bit console, how would you for instance run 64 bit code on your 32 bit processor without emulation? even in doing so it would be quite useless as the snes didn't have the power to emulate the extra registers.....LIES!

This reminds me of someone in my class, I sat today watching a movie in class, and he come up to me saying, "Is that one of those budget psp's", Man I wanted to smack him dead >_<

This reminds me of someone in my class, I sat today watching a movie in class, and he come up to me saying, "Is that one of those budget psp's", Man I wanted to smack him dead >_<
Holy crap! The same thing happened to me. I brought mine to school and this kid saw it and, well, here's the conversation we had:
Him: Yo iz dat sum psp?
Me: No. It's a GP2X.
Him: Nawww, it's a psp!
Me: No.
Him: Yaaaa it is!
Me: GP2X. From Korea.
Him: Oh lawd dats sum psps!
Me: Bye.

rockman & forte aka megaman & bass
GREAT megaman game! on the top list for sure ;) has everything that makes megaman games good.

it's megaman 9 by the way, was released on the snes after megaman 8.
well, considered megaman 9 anyway.

rockman & forte aka megaman & bass
GREAT megaman game! on the top list for sure ;) has everything that makes megaman games good.

it's megaman 9 by the way, was released on the snes after megaman 8.
well, considered megaman 9 anyway.
What? Obviously you're not replying that there was a 32-bit game for the SNES, so what does your post convey?

Holy crap! The same thing happened to me. I brought mine to school and this kid saw it and, well, here's the conversation we had:
That kid speaks like... um... ya...

:D

Back