Games

mali said:
^ I guess it's Quake-Life
http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-help/servers-coding/4030-quake-life-source-open.html
I'd be interested in this but I didn't like the original HL story done in source, it just didn't feel the same. It looked better sure but I can still play HL though wine and have fun just from the sounds and graphics bringing back memories. There are parts that I just have burned into my brain to pass like when you first see soldiers in the game, I immediately snap into action and avoid the obstacles and kill the soldier before he can even get a shot off. I then shoot the scientist anyway because he's worthless.

Last edited by a moderator:
mvickers03 said:
Most Emulators only Emulate the parts of the hardware required to fool it into thinking it's running on actual hardware.. unfortunately Windows CE is required and is MS copyright, therefore prolly won't ever be emulated (commercially at least)

Uh, to clarify, WindowsCE games use the dreamcast's MMU. MMU emulation is simply too complex for the Pandora to handle so the NullDC guys are leaving it out of the port. This also precludes the use of ANY dreamcast games which use the MMU. Fortunately other than WinCE games, there aren't too many which do.

It has nothing to do with copyright, as the WinCE libs are included on the CD of the relevant WinCE games.

Pleng said:
mvickers03 said:
Most Emulators only Emulate the parts of the hardware required to fool it into thinking it's running on actual hardware.. unfortunately Windows CE is required and is MS copyright, therefore prolly won't ever be emulated (commercially at least)

Uh, to clarify, WindowsCE games use the dreamcast's MMU. MMU emulation is simply too complex for the Pandora to handle so the NullDC guys are leaving it out of the port. This also precludes the use of ANY dreamcast games which use the MMU. Fortunately other than WinCE games, there aren't too many which do.

It has nothing to do with copyright, as the WinCE libs are included on the CD of the relevant WinCE games.

Thats good to know, AFAIK they most WinCE stuff didn't work on the PC's Emus as well

I was sure the DC had WinCE libraries on its firmware too but I could/am probably wrong :)

Back