Games that you HAD TO finish at some point

Finally finished the Tomb Raider Origins trilogy:
TOMB RAIDER / Rise of the TOMB RAIDER / Shadow of the TOMB RAIDER

While the first game almost took me away the will to continue the saga, I really appreciated the two sequels.
The first game was entirely centered on almost open arena shoot fights, long cinematic at every step, "just burn everything" puzzles and it was missing almost everything about platforming... also the side missions were out of the contest and without purpose...

Luckily the other two, not only took back platforming, but added a lot of cool contents during combat, that most of the time you can just evade using stealth.

Finally finished the Halo saga (at least till 4, the last one for PC)

I liked almost all of them, but two in particular were different from the rest...

Halo 1/2/3/REACH: These were pretty much similar to each others, with some improvements and/or changes here and there, but HALO 2 Anniversary is the one that I appreciated the most, the graphic was improved so much that seems like a movie and also the fact to see the story from different points of view was cool.

Halo 3: ODST: this was interesting, almost with a Noir feeling sometimes, it's the only one were you use a normal human soldier to play and you have to be very careful while going around, it has some features not present in the other games, like complete maps of areas and a visor for some kind of augmented reality. The story is ok, nothing too fancy, but still interesting.

Halo 4: this is the one I liked the less, and I really hope the next games are not following this road. There were a lot of improvements from the previous games, but maybe too excessive considering the time you can use them... there is a jet pack, and is cool, but then they added a LOT of invisible walls to stop you from going too much around... they added invisibility, but you find it like 2 times in the entire game... they added super cinematic animations for stealth kills, but them will lock you for 4/5 seconds while you can't move and are completely uncovered, so most of the time it is better to just attack directly instead of die trying to be stealth... they added new alien weapons, but in the end them are just the same weapons you could already use... I also didn't found the story catching, so I just wanted to reach the end as fast as possible...

Back