Games that you HAD TO finish at some point

I have quite a few old PC games I want to finish, and the good news is that any device under the sun today plays them all very well :)

• Titus the Fox
  • Prehistorik 1 & 2
  • Shadow Knights
  • StarCraft original & Broodwar campaigns, without using cheats
  • Heroes of Might and Magic 2 campaigns
  • The Ur-Quan Masters
  • Tyrian
  • Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny
  • Doom 1 & 2
  • Duke Nukem 3D

There's also a lot of indie games I have in my Humble Bundle library that I want to eventually get to:

• Aquaria
  • Cave Story+ (did play the original on my GP2X up to the final boss, I blame the F-100's stick)
  • Droid Assault
  • Fez
  • Faster than Light
  • The Bard's Tale
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • Titan Attacks!
  • Worms Reloaded

Last edited by a moderator:
"The game of life" for me."  It's been fantastic so far but not sure how it will end up.  This game has so may paths.  It's the only game that I can write myself with no programming experience needed.  ;)

"The game of life" for me."  It's been fantastic so far but not sure how it will end up.  This game has so may paths.  It's the only game that I can write myself with no programming experience needed.  ;)
The trouble with that game is it's chock full of erratic/strange NPC behaviour and is often full of very difficult decisions and expensive upgrades/extras. It's graphics are fantastic with absolutely no pop-in. The tactile feedback can be very harsh at times, although very pleasurable too ;) :D

The trouble with that game is it's chock full of erratic/strange NPC behaviour and is often full of very difficult decisions and expensive upgrades/extras. It's graphics are fantastic with absolutely no pop-in. The tactile feedback can be very harsh at times, although very pleasurable too ;) :D
I think that it's 3D effects and physics are still unsurpassed by other games, but I just wonder why was never added some SAVE/LOAD functionality... well... no game is perfect after all...

I think that it's 3D effects and physics are still unsurpassed by other games, but I just wonder why was never added some SAVE/LOAD functionality... well... no game is perfect after all...
because permadeath rulez... there's saying about hacks around that involving dark, lovecraftian rituals, but there's risk to get KoS to most other NPC...

@iprice I really need to finish Dino Defense.. but to do that you will have to finsh it first :D

Graphics may be nice, but a good, well written story is supreme, which is severely lacking in that game.  One major benefit though is that it is a fairly open world and there is very little you can't do compared to other games.  You probably can't save for that reason, it being an MMO and all.

Glad you're all playing my game ;)
Just a hint, you don't want to finish this game. ;) I'll try to implement Save/Load/Savestate when I get a chance. :)

Graphics may be nice, but a good, well written story is supreme, which is severely lacking in that game.  One major benefit though is that it is a fairly open world and there is very little you can't do compared to other games.  You probably can't save for that reason, it being an MMO and all.
Saving can be useful so you can stop using that while playing other games... I mean, why do you need to be always connected to the "game of life" when you are not using it ?! It's not optimal and a waste of resources, even the game time will continue to run... maybe the NSA knows something about this...
The only problem could be when random events occurs in the "game of life" when you are not connected... like earthquakes... but with some added feed or pushed notification you should be able to return to play it just in time to not loose all your progresses/achievements :D

Saving can be useful so you can stop using that while playing other games... I mean, why do you need to be always connected to the "game of life" when you are not using it ?! It's not optimal and a waste of resources, even the game time will continue to run... maybe the NSA knows something about this...

The only problem could be when random events occurs in the "game of life" when you are not connected... like earthquakes... but with some added feed or pushed notification you should be able to return to play it just in time to not loose all your progresses/achievements :D
Maybe you missed this, it is one of my favorite parts: since you can do almost anything you don't need to stop playing to do other things, you can just do them in the game.  There are some major problems associated with this, such as creating a situation where rather extreme dependency can develop (it is always best to be able to stop and walk away from anything imo), however this prevents some rather devastating losses caused by, for example, being afk for a significant event.

God mode would be nice.

God Mode is overrated... you can find it fun at the beginning, but at some point you will become easily bored

God Mode is overrated... you can find it fun at the beginning, but at some point you will become easily bored
I wouldn't.  I just want my character to stay alive and not need all those things that get in the way, like shelter, water, food and sleep, that way I can devote my efforts toward other achievements, exploring, and just enjoying things.  There is always new stuff happening in the game to check out, and I think that the maps/areas that are reachable now are a tiny fragment of everything that is there.

I'm preparing myself to finally finish FFVII... starting from the beginning... I need to be psychologically ready for the mission...

I can't remember if I ever finished FFVII.  It is one of only a few that I got really into.  I bought it as a gift for my brother back then after I decided I loved it and ran through half the game that weekend.  Once he actually got to play it I think it became one of his favorites.  It is currently the only PS game I have on my Pandora, not that I play it much.

(I just looked on my shelf... and the Box of "Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine" gave me the creeps, I wanted to remove that from my mind.... THAT F%$!!"&"% DAMN £"!%"£&!%$£ GAME !!! BUGGED FROM IT'S DEEP SOUL !!)

Final Fantasy VII... CHECK !! FINALLY !! ...actually the ending was somehow not so rewarding... and the cinematic sequel didn't helped too in that, but at least it was cool to see.

If I remember correctly, the only one I really felt I HAD to finish was Halo 2 prior to Halo 3 coming out. I had gotten stuck and fed up near the end playing it on the original Xbox, but decided to finish it on the 360 so as to be ready for the next game! Sadly now, I need to finish Halo 3 at some stage on the Xbox One before playing no.4 ........ :wacko:   :wacko:

Back