Release Games Remakes in QB64

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here are some games remakes done in qb64. Qb64 is a sort of quickbasic on steroid and multiplatform.

preview1.png
 ​
The remakes are Barbarian (also known as Death Sword) and Crazy Cars. The remakes also target specifics plateforms. For Crazy Cars, it's only on the Amstrad CPC. For Barbarian, I selected Comodore Amiga & C64, Amstrad CPC and ZX Spectrum. There are also a few other (Atari ST, PC CGA and Apple II) but didn't convert them. Scream if you want any of them added.

Also, the author is working on an Outrun/CPC remake, but it's not finished enough to be really playable, so I didn't included it neither.

History log

========

Build 03

------------

• Fixed C4A version that wouldn't submit on normal Game Over
Build 02

------------

• Added a special Amiga Barbarian with C4A Score
  • Fixed some Crazy Cars issues
Build 01

----------

• Initial Build
  • Default to fullscreen
  • Key adapted to OpenPandora
  • Candidate to the Alive and Kicking Coding Competition 2013/2014

Ok, and now for QB64

Here is a tgz with a working copy of QB64. You have to understand that QB64 first transform the Basic code to C, and than call g++ to compile the generated C code (+ an object file acting like a library) to generate a working executable:

post-5182-0-91239000-1392565512.png
So the tgz here is just the QB64 executable, libraries, and samples folder. To be abble to use it, you'll need a working C compiler.

This version has been generated using the current Code::block command line (v1.6.10). So untar it somewhere

tar xzf /path/to/qb64.tgz

that will create a qb64 folder with all inside.

Here, you just have to launch "./qb64" to go to the GUI.

If you don't want to use codeblocks but another system (like the Dev. Tools from Freamon), you will probably have to recompile qb64 and it's "runtime". juste type "./setup.sh" for that...

Good luck :)

preview_qb64.png

Attachments

• qb64.tar.gz
    12.6 MB · Views: 687
Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please make a video of the gameplay on the Pandora. The author of the original games like to see it playing on the Pandora :)

Oh - is it hard to compile a qb64 programming for the Pandora?

I grew up with basic, so if I could simply code and test on my PC and then easily compile it four the Pandora, I might try coding some small things as well :)

Oh - is it hard to compile a qb64 programming for the Pandora?

I grew up with basic, so if I could simply code and test on my PC and then easily compile it four the Pandora, I might try coding some small things as well :)
Not hard, but a bit tricky... I'll cook up something ;)

Ok, added on the 1st post everything to make some qb64 compilation on the go with the Pandora :) !

Just tried "rattler.bas" (from samples/theblob), a graphical snake-like game and it was working fine (the window is just a bit too big).

Last edited by a moderator:
New build, with a special Barbarian build with C4A Score (with slightly changed scoring rules, to make head cut more rewarding, and more points to each new stage).

Build 02

------------

• Added a special Amiga Barbarian with C4A Score
  • Fixed some Crazy Cars issues

You have to understand that QB64 first transform the Basic code to C, and than call g++ to compile the generated C code (+ an object file acting like a library) to generate a working executable.
Damn, maybe I should consider doing that for PandaBAS. It could do with a speed boost!

D.

New build, fixing a major C4A issue.

Build 03

------------

• Fixed C4A version that wouldn't submit on normal Game Over

Back