• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• WHY CANT I GET FUCKING 4X4 EVO TO FUCKINGWORKONDC

• Total voters

wolly_wotsit posted on Oct 21 2004 at 03:22 PM said:
dont forget that craig has to make money. if there was an emulator for the gameking, how would he sell them
not many people have GP32's.

Plus its not our responsibility to keep Craig in business, plus he is selling plenty of SNES' at the moment even though the GP32, and PC's can emulate the SNES.

The retro gaming market is buzzing and has been for years, and a lot of this imho is due to emulation.

Last edited by a moderator:
extremegamer posted on Oct 21 2004 at 03:22 PM said:
what about the vic-20. I got one new in box at a thrift store for .50 cents. I haven't even plugged it in because i don't have any games. was the vic-20 good? I know nothing about it.

The display could only fit 20 chars across the screen, and it had 3.5 Kb memory. Not an awesome machine, but I learnt some stuff on it...

Did have at least one good game in Starship Escape, but that came on a 16K cartridge.

Oh and Blue Meanies was pretty cool (and complex) for it's time...

gp32animefreak posted on Oct 21 2004 at 08:54 AM said:
(props to ma amiga gangsta's).

Does this kid live in South Central LA ?

No he lives in Australia so why the hell is he trying to talk like Ice Cube

"Props to ma amiga gangstas" . Please

Gruntfuggly posted on Oct 21 2004 at 02:41 PM said:
extremegamer posted on Oct 21 2004 at 02:07 PM said:
I would only want a GameKing emulator to try it out before I bought one.

Christ - they're only a tenner - get one and if you don't like it, flog it on eBay. Do you think anyone is going to put in the effort to code an emulator to save you ten quid?

How about having a GK emu so you could have the games run on a BACKLIT and large screen which the GK is not. You could scale up the GK screen so it would be real big. Plus if you had all of the games on your SMC you wouldn't need to carry aroung a bag of carts.

Kojote posted on Oct 21 2004 at 09:58 AM said:
for the gameking emulator. i am not sure if there are already rom-dumps and enough specifications avaliable, which would turn out into a possible emulator. afaik there are only around 13 games? the question is... why writing an emulator for 13 games? would be a waste of energy and a original gameking with all games is not that expensive and what could rule more than real hardware?

Only 13 games? that is better than doing a PS1 emu which would have 0 playable games and someone is doing that. So why not?

psj3809 posted on Oct 21 2004 at 04:27 PM said:

Its not my fault 5-6 months ago i moved here from newyork, but fine though ill mix it up.
Oi Mate holla back to ma boomarang totin mutha fuken gangsta's..................

As for C64 its an opinion, i think its a peice of shit, dosent mean its not a great system many other people enjoyed, but me........... .If there was gonna a gameking emu, i didnt even think about craig, i try not to, but thats probally true, u could make a quick 5000$ if u had the stock on gameking. So mabye after its sold out someone will start on it.

Hahaha very funny, at least that explains it !

I dont know why you think the C64 is shit. I'm not sure if you are into retro gaming or not, I presume you are thats one reason why you've got a GP32. I dont know your age but I think your younger than most of the C64 fans here, the machine you were 'bought up on' i'm sure you have very fond memories of havent you ?

Many of us had our first computer in the early 80's which might have been a Spectrum or C64. Yes the games were simple but so playable. Why do you think most of us play retro titles and not some 45 pounds Playstation II title which cost half a mill to make ?

The games are easily available on the internet and many of them are very playable. I presume you tried just a few games.

Yes not saying you have to like it or not but saying 'c64 is shit' is pretty poor really. Its like someone saying the GP32 is shit but theyve hardly used it.

DaveC posted on Oct 22 2004 at 02:35 AM said:
How about having a GK emu so you could have the games run on a BACKLIT and large screen which the GK is not. You could scale up the GK screen so it would be real big. Plus if you had all of the games on your SMC you wouldn't need to carry aroung a bag of carts.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love an emulator. Not too sure what it would look like scaled up mind you....

Only 13 games? that is better than doing a PS1 emu which would have 0 playable games and someone is doing that. So why not?

I'm pretty sure it is actually 16 games, but you're right - they are likely to be more playable than the PSX...

gp32animefreak posted on Oct 22 2004 at 03:18 AM said:

Oi Mate holla back to ma boomarang totin mutha fuken gangsta's..................
Heres my opinion. Fuck you. I'm offended :angry:

kotd posted on Oct 22 2004 at 10:18 AM said:
gp32animefreak posted on Oct 22 2004 at 03:18 AM said:

Heres my opinion. Fuck you. I'm offended :angry:

My bad didnt know u were aborigane(sorry if i spelled it wrong), if ur a skip then i meant every word!, im srry its just how wogs r (holla back greeks)

psj3809 posted on Oct 22 2004 at 08:16 AM said:
Hahaha very funny, at least that explains it !

I dont know why you think the C64 is shit. I'm not sure if you are into retro gaming or not, I presume you are thats one reason why you've got a GP32. I dont know your age but I think your younger than most of the C64 fans here, the machine you were 'bought up on' i'm sure you have very fond memories of havent you ?

Many of us had our first computer in the early 80's which might have been a Spectrum or C64. Yes the games were simple but so playable. Why do you think most of us play retro titles and not some 45 pounds Playstation II title which cost half a mill to make ?

The games are easily available on the internet and many of them are very playable. I presume you tried just a few games.

Yes not saying you have to like it or not but saying 'c64 is shit' is pretty poor really. Its like someone saying the GP32 is shit but theyve hardly used it.

I love retro but not so much golden age retro( c64,umm the others, coleco), Im a fan of silver age retro (snes,genesis,nes,mastersytem, lnyx,again the others...). I like a few old ones again Atari 2600 becuase i grew up with it(your right extreme amounts of fond mems), msx,and ofcoarse amiga.

I love this generation (x-box,GC,PS2,DREAM CAST HELL YEAH,ect) equally, and the zodiac........, so if i grew up in the early 80's i might have a similar veiw as yours.
I picked up a gp32 becuase a freind recomended it. Havent regreted it yet.

Gruntfuggly posted on Oct 22 2004 at 09:37 AM said:
How about having a GK emu so you could have the games run on a BACKLIT and large screen which the GK is not.  You could scale up the GK screen so it would be real big.  Plus if you had all of the games on your SMC you wouldn't need to carry aroung a bag of carts.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love an emulator. Not too sure what it would look like scaled up mind you....

I'm pretty sure it is actually 16 games, but you're right - they are likely to be more playable than the PSX...

Well, scaled up games would be real big, real bright (BLU) and real pixely. But still it would be cool.

khephren posted on Oct 21 2004 at 04:54 PM said:
Next to my Amiga, the C64 was my next best machine: Paradroid, Uridium, Last Ninja, and anything by thalamus :)
YAY! sorry to go off-topic, but THANK YOU!!!!
I've been trying to remember that name for ages now, paradroid! I loved that game :)

Back