Gamecube Emulator

'Butterman' said:
You know, I was thinking about checking out the Dolphin SVN and seeing what it would take to move it over to ES 2.0. It might be a waste of time, but, well that's what they said about N64 on the PSP.
DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Prophet' said:
I'm coding a Gamecube emu for Pandora in Atari BASIC. It won't run until we get a good Atari 800 emulator first, but now you know.
YEAH! That is seriously going to run fullspeed! Its so complex that there is no chance it will run below 100000000 FPS! Prophet solved the day guys.

'Butterman' said:
You know, I was thinking about checking out the Dolphin SVN and seeing what it would take to move it over to ES 2.0. It might be a waste of time, but, well that's what they said about N64 on the PSP.
I see that drkIIRaziel is listed as a project member, maybe he can chime in.

Check out this website

CODE
forums.benheck.com

If you really want a portable gamecube, then this is the place to start.

'Kramy' said:
I believe the Pandora has a CPU roughly on par to the Gamecube's. Emulation is slower than 1:1, so no, it won't happen.
I know some guys in the free energy business who could make this happen.

*update*: We almost got it to work by having the Pandora remote desktop this giant PC that's capable of doing it.

But every time we unplug the PC, the Pandora stops the emulation.
We think there's something wrong with the code, it might take a while to fix.

'lulzfish' said:
'Kramy' said:
I believe the Pandora has a CPU roughly on par to the Gamecube's. Emulation is slower than 1:1, so no, it won't happen.
I know some guys in the free energy business who could make this happen.

*update*: We almost got it to work by having the Pandora remote desktop this giant PC that's capable of doing it.

But every time we unplug the PC, the Pandora stops the emulation.
We think there's something wrong with the code, it might take a while to fix.

maby you need some wifi scripts. that will fix it.

SPEC TIME!

GC:

CPU: 128-bit custom IBM Gekko PowerPC (485MHz)
GPU: ATI Flipper (162MHz)
RAM: 24MB 1T-SRAM, 16MB DRAM
Colors: 16.7 million on screen
Polygons: 20 million per second
Resolution: 640x480 pixels
Sound: 16-bit Macronix DSP Sound Processor

Pandora:
# ARM® Cortex™-A8 600Mhz+ CPU running Linux
# 430-MHz TMS320C64x+™ DSP Core
# PowerVR SGX OpenGL 2.0 ES compliant 3D hardware
# 800x480 4.3" 16.7 million colours touchscreen LCD
# 256MB of Ram

I haven't ever used a GC Emulator but once again we have dreamcast and PSP on the way,

Dreamcast:
* 200MHz clock rate
* 360 MIPS (millions of instructions per second)
* 3D calculations (Can transform 5million polygons/second)
* 800+ MBytes/second bus bandwidth
* 1.4 billion floating-point operations per second
* 16 MB main RAM (SDRAM)
* 8 MB video RAM
* 2 MB sound RAM

How much work is put into dolphin?

Troydude; What point were you trying to make? >_>

People are taking the DC/PSP emulator hype way too far. Others working on DC/PSP emulators does not mean that Pandora will eventually run any decent number of DC/PSP games at full speed, even if the authors of said emulators say so. It doesn't matter if there are already results, and it doesn't matter if those results are 40% speed instead of 2% speed. Until it actually happens it's much safer not to presume it will.

'Exophase' said:
Troydude; What point were you trying to make? >_>

People are taking the DC/PSP emulator hype way too far. Others working on DC/PSP emulators does not mean that Pandora will eventually run any decent number of DC/PSP games at full speed, even if the authors of said emulators say so. It doesn't matter if there are already results, and it doesn't matter if those results are 40% speed instead of 2% speed. Until it actually happens it's much safer not to presume it will.
I really would like somebody to try that's all
There seem to be many more great games on the GC than the Dreamcast so it would be a nice addition to the already gigantic Pandora library

The Pandora will never emulate the Game Cube to any usable degree.

That is the only correct answer to this question. There is no "maybe", or "what if".

It's threads like these full of rampant speculation from people who don't have any idea what they're talking about that cause threads like these in the first place. It is a paradox.

'Troydude6' said:
There seem to be many more great games on the GC than the Dreamcast

That's very funny, I exactly think the contrary...

'Ayla' said:
'Troydude6' said:
There seem to be many more great games on the GC than the Dreamcast

That's very funny, I exactly think the contrary...

100% agreed. the dreamcast has an absolutely stunning game library, while the GC's library to me seems - meh. Taste differs, but I guess those who like the gamecube-games would already be very happy about n64 - considering it will be portable.
If nullDCe will ever get to a state where a bunch of games are playable in fullspeed, that will be the kingclass of pandora-emulation, no doubt.

'Alpha2' said:
lolfiles anyone?
3408096961_7cbc1ea675.jpg

All right. Now we're good.
edit: Not at usable speed? But we can has moar megaherts thn gaemcueb!
MOAR MEGAHERTZ MEANS MOAR POWER RITE

>_>

Back