Gameboy Emulation

i hope that isnt the case. zordoz was an a roll w/ gpvgb. i read that he was off his much deserved break and was back to coding emulators. as a matter of fact i read he is working on a genesis emu. i just hope he'll give gpvgb a definitive update w/ a better rom selector and such. he has already done such a great job its hard to ask for more.

Hi,
I find GPVGB to run all gameboy games that ive tried on it and it runs them very very well especially if you run it in the original screen size

Hmm yes in the orginal screen size they run well but sometime also to fast :( that isnt good either...
Also the sound in the last release is a bit buggy... and somegames have big Grafik Bugs like Rayman or the New Pokemon Games... Didnt tried much games so cant say if all newer GBC game have bugs...
I hope he continuos working on it or release the source... It is a very good GBC emu

The problem is some GP's CANT run GBC games with this emu. Its a weird one but ive got a m8 whos GP just will not run any GBC games, even tho mine and others run it fine. Hes got the same firmware version and that.

ive read this before a few peeps have the same hassle <shrugs>

If we have good NES emulation, GBC emulators become kind of redundant. Like SNES/GBA games, a lot of GBC games are just remakes of NES games.

It seems the GBC games I want to play won't work...dammit!

hmm isnt Zelda DX the remake of Zelda 4?? Zelda 3 was the SNES part i think...
Zelda 4 was the Gameboy game which was very very cool, and the best GB/C game (i think so) ever!

Okay, for all you guys out there a Zelda list (in order of appearance):

1. Zelda 1 - NES
2. The Adventure of Link (Zelda 2) - NES
3. A link to the Past (SNES)
4. Link's Awakening (Gameboy)
5. The Ocarina of Time (N64)
6. Zelda DX (Game Boy Color Remake of Link's Awakening, featuring some new features like a camera guy and a special hidden color dungeon)
7. Majora's Mask (N64)
8. Oracle of Seasons - Oracle of Ages (Both Gameboy Color, the full story is only completable when you play both - which one you play first doesn't matter)
9. A link to the Past (Remake for the Gameboy Advance) & The four swords (completely new multiplayer adventure)
10. Ocarina of Time Master Quest (harder version of Ocarina of Time, has been released earlier in Japan for the N64) and Ocarina of Time (100% remake, nothing new done!) (Gamecube)
11. The Wind Waker (Gamecube)

Okay, there are still a few Zeldas (CD-i) which aren't pretty good...and they haven't been done by the original Zelda team, so I personally don't count them.

Any questions left? :)

Back