Release Game Soundtracks

I will try and look into Super Hexagon for you.
$ find /mnt/utmp/super_hexagon/data/data.apk/data/music/
/mnt/utmp/super_hexagon/data/data.apk/data/music/music0.ogg
/mnt/utmp/super_hexagon/data/data.apk/data/music/music1.ogg
/mnt/utmp/super_hexagon/data/data.apk/data/music/music2.ogg
/mnt/utmp/super_hexagon/data/data.apk/data/music/music3.ogg
/mnt/utmp/super_hexagon/data/data.apk/data/music/music4.ogg
/mnt/utmp/super_hexagon/data/data.apk/data/music/music5.ogg

(yeah the location is weird to make apkenv happy)

VVVVVV has some really nice chiptunes, but it keeps it's ogg music in an archive file (it's uncompressed but still).

Last edited by a moderator:
I use /mnt/pnd instead of /mnt/utmp (one is a symlink to the other) - is that OK?

Thanks for the Super Hexagon info - I still need the name of the .desktop file for it though (check /usr/share/applications).

I use /mnt/pnd instead of /mnt/utmp (one is a symlink to the other) - is that OK?

Thanks for the Super Hexagon info - I still need the name of the .desktop file for it though (check /usr/share/applications).
boing:   Super Hexagon (full version)

super_hexagon.apkenv.full#0.desktop

Edit: Investigated using terminal and corrected this for you...

Last edited by a moderator:

boing:   Super Hexagon (full version)
I mean the filename of the .desktop file itself, not the name field inside the .desktop file.

For the other version of super hexagon (that requires the .apk) the music files are under

/mnt/pnd/super_hexagon/data/superhexagon.apk/data/music

(I don't know if everyone's apk is called superhexagon.apk but mine was)

and the .desktop is

super_hexagon.apkenv#0.desktop

/> I tried those visual novels by ED but they put all their data (including the music) in some weird archive file called "arc.nsa" and I have no idea how to open it.
These are Onscripter archives... there's a tool to extract them. I'll look for the sourcecode of that.
I found it, I hacked nsadec to extract only the music files so I can use that to get the music out of those archives. I'm going to add the visual novels "Moonshine", "May Sky", "A Midsummer Day's Resonance", "A Winter's Tale", and "Narcissu". Did I miss any?

You need enough space in /tmp for this approach; on my 512MB ReBirth unit (which has a /tmp of 256MB) I have just enough space to extract the music from all 5 of them at the same time, but I guess on 256MB units that will not be possible.

New version on the repo! Not much has changed besides support for some more games, and minor cosmetic changes (a.o. it gives more info while it is loading/unloading soundtracks).

New games since the previous update:

- the 5 visual novels mentioned above

- Super Hexagon (I hope it works)

- Spacejunk

- vGolf

- Angry, Drunken Dwarves

The soundtrack for Shadow Warrior (commercial release on the repo) is stored in the main folder of the pnd. The file names are track02-track14.ogg if you want to add it.

The soundtrack for Shadow Warrior (commercial release on the repo) is stored in the main folder of the pnd. The file names are track02-track14.ogg if you want to add it.
Can you tell me the name of the .desktop file in /usr/share/applications and the folder name in /mnt/pnd while mounted?

Folder name should be shadowwarrior.

The desktop file is shadowwarrior-full-152680#0.desktop

Back